Create Your Own Wedding Website Contest
Update: The contest ended and the winner of the honeymoon cruise are Reem Zaza and Eyad Jaber. Congratulations to the lucky couple!
What is the contest about?
This contest is for the best and most visited wedding website any engaged couple creates using Arabia Weddings online planning tool. This contest is sponsored by Cruise Club – Jordan.
Participants should be engaged couples, with at least one person living in Jordan, who are planning on getting married in 2012 / 2013.
The website that has the most content, which gets the most pageviews and Facebook likes (on the website itself) will be named the winner.
- 10 points for each Facebook like
- 10 points for each uploaded photo
- 1 point for each pageview on the website.
The contestant who gets the highest score will be named the winner.
Can I see a demo of the wedding website?
Here is a demo: http://www.arabiaweddings.com/websites/hala-rami
Do I need to know anything about design or programming in order to create our website?
Not at all! In order to build your wedding website, you just have to use our user-friendly website plannning tool and type in your information. You can then start promoting your website through email, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, forums and any social media network or any marketing channel that you choose. The idea is to encourage your friends to visit your website and like it.
It is huge! A 7-night Mediterranean cruise provided by Cruise Club – Jordan for one newly-married couple. The prize includes:
- Air ticket from and back to Amman for 2 persons (economy fair).
- Accommodation in an inside cabin for 7 nights with full meals.
We are flexible. You can select from many destinations in the Mediterranean and also select the dates that suit you. Here are some examples of the cruises that you can choose from:
- Italy, France, Spain, Tunisia l Departing from: Livorno (Italy) l Ports of calls: Livorno (Italy), Villefranche Sur Mer (France), Valencia (Spain), Ibiza (Spain), La Goulette (Tunisia), Catania (Italy), Naples (Italy).
- Italy, Greece, Croatia l Departing from: Venice (Italy) l Ports of calls: Venice (Italy), Bari (Italy), Katakolon (Greece), Santorini (Italy), Mykonos (Greece), Piraeus (Greece), Corfù (Greece), Dubrovnik (Croatia).
- Italy, Greece, Turkey, Croatia l Departing from: Bari (Italy) l Ports of call: Bari (Italy), Katakolon (Greece), Izmir (Turkey), Istanbul (Turkey), Dubrovnik (Croatia), Venice (Italy)
- Spain, Tunisia, Malta, Italy l Departing from: Barcelona (Spain) l Ports of calls: Barcelona (Spain), La Goulette (Tunisia), Valletta (Malta), Messina (Italy), Civitavecchia (Rome), Genoa (Italy)
What is the contest’s timeline?
The contest starts on 24 June 2012 and ends on 30 September 2012.
After reading the contest’s terms and conditions below and making sure you are qualified to participate in the contest; all you have to do is create an account on Arabia Weddings and get started.
You can create an account by clicking here
You can then start creating your website by clicking here
What information do we need to include in our website?
We would like you to tell us about
e.g. how you met and fell in love
e.g. how he proposed, her reaction, your engagement party…
e.g. what plans do you have for your wedding? When, where, how many guests, where did you reach with your planning…
where are you planning to spend it, when… etc.
where do you plan to live, home arrangements, how many children would you like to have... etc.
Who should I contact for further details?
If you have any questions or need further details, please feel free to contact us here.
1. Illegible contestants should be engaged with plans on getting married in 2012 / 2013.
2. The wedding website can be created by the bride, the groom or both of them.
3. The wedding website can be created in either Arabic or English.
4. Participants can only create one wedding website.
5. The winner should be ready to give press interviews and appear in national and regional media.
6. The contestant should have a Facebook account to be used for the website promotion.
7. There are no restrictions on age as long as the couple is engaged.
8. A real photo of the bride and another one of the groom should be added at the main page of their website, and they should post at least 1 photo in the image gallery.
9. There are no restrictions on nationality as long as the couple understand that the ticket originates from Amman.
10. Arabia Weddings reserves the right to deny any participant from taking part in the contest for loading inappropriate content.
11. The winning couple should provide Arabia Weddings with at least 5 photos of them in their cruise trip.
This Contest is Sponsored by: