Flowers at weddings add such a beautiful dimension to the overall decor and theme. Most couples include fresh flowers in their weddings, but you can also use greenery and artificial flowers if you so wish. Flowers at weddings are used in so many different ways; the bouquets that the bride and her bridesmaids carry, the groom and his groomsmen pin those beautiful boutonnieres on their suits, the car transporting the bride and groom is normally decorated in flowers, the guests' dinner tables have flower centerpieces, the welcome table, the kosha ... these are some of the elements that are accentuated with flowers at weddings.
If you are looking for wedding flowers in Dubai you will find this directory very helpful. It includes many wedding florists in Dubai who are able to create beautiful flower arrangements for your dream Dubai wedding. In order to help a florist understand exactly what you’re looking for, take along plenty of information and pictures to inspire them, as well as, photos of the venue. This will help build up a picture of your wedding style and create the flowers that match with the overall theme and location.
We have a great section on wedding flowers and bouquets to give you loads of inspiration and advice. Make sure to visit it.
Here are 8 tips to help you select the perfect Wedding Flowers in Dubai:
- Gather Ideas: Collect pictures of bouquets and centerpieces from our flower section and other internet pages, or from Instagram, Pinterest and bridal magazines and choose your colour scheme. Select 3 or 4 florists using this directory and meet with them to discuss your preferences. Seek their guidance and advice, and tell them what you have in mind.
- List your Requirements: Decide on how many flower arrangements you need in total and where you need them. Typically you'll need a wedding bouquet, bouquets for your bridesmaids and flower girls, the church (for Christian weddings); centerpieces at the reception, the seating area for the bride and groom at the reception; the car and other smaller requirements. Use a common theme across all your flower arrangements.
- Set your Budget: Decide how much you can afford to spend on flowers and stick to it. Select your wedding florist in Dubai accordingly. Make sure you put everything you agreed on in writing.
- Control your Budget: To keep your budget under control, choose flowers that are in season or locally grown. You can also replace flowers in centerpieces with fresh fruits and vegetables or mix them with candles. The use of greenery, foliage and branches can stretch your budget. This also adds a more creative element to traditional centerpieces, which you may want to break away from.
- Delivery and Timing: Agree on the delivery schedule with the florist and inform the wedding venue. Make sure the flowers arrive fresh and are not put aside in the sun. Ask the florist or a friend to go around before the wedding reception to remove any damaged flowers or leaves.
- Your Centerpieces: Make sure your guests at the wedding reception are able to see each other across the table; the centerpiece should either be above or below eye level. Don’t use flowers that are strongly scented as you or your guests just might spend the evening sneezing! Have you heard of suspended or hanging centerpieces? Read this article: Hanging Centerpieces for a Unique Wedding.
- Your Bouquets: Your wedding bouquet has to match your wedding and color scheme. Decide if you want a large bouquet with many different flowers and greenery, or a simple bouquet of one flower or maybe a group of the same flower? Normally the length of the bouquet is proportional to the length of your wedding dress or train. If you're keeping bouquets in vases of water to maintain freshness before you use them, don't forget to dry the stems thoroughly before you hold your bouquet. Visit this section for more tips and advice on Bridal Bouquets. For ideas on using fresh greenery in your bridal bouquet, read this article: Fresh Greenery Bridal Bouquets.
- Don’t Throw Away Your Flowers: Be environmentally conscious. If the centerpieces at your wedding don’t have to go back to the florist, offer them to a shelter, hospital or other institutions. Did you also know that you can preserve your bridal bouquet and freeze it? Read: How to Preserve Your Wedding Bouquet.
In addition to wedding flowers in Dubai, you can find other flowers shops in the UAE: