If you haven’t started your wedding planning process yet, visiting a Wedding Expo in your city, or the closest one to you, is a great way to start off your wedding planning. Exhibitions offer you a chance to meet with many wedding suppliers and service provides, all under one roof, thus saving you a lot of time and effort.
There are many other good reasons why visiting a Wedding Show is very useful for any bride or groom-to-be. Here are some:
- Good Bargains: Exhibitors normally launch new products at exhibitions with special promotional rates; promote special offers and hot deals for those who could confirm their bookings during the show; and run competitions to attract more visitors to visit their booths. Be aware of this, so you could land some good deals and get some freebies or discount coupons.
- Meet Suppliers: Get to know the suppliers, what they offer in terms of new products and services and discuss your requirements with them face-to-face.
- Fashion Shows: Most wedding exhibitions have a program of bridal and evening wear fashion shows for local, regional and some international designers. Fashion shows add a great value to any exhibition. Be sure you know what the runway schedule is and time your visit to attend some of them.
- Information Sessions: Some exhibitions also run free seminars, information sessions and beauty and hair demos. Make sure to check the program and get an early seat at your favorite session. These sessions are useful for raising awareness on a specific issue or a trend, and provide basic knowledge and skills that will help you in your wedding planning. You may also get a chance to try a new look or get a makeover from a renowned makeup artist.
- Magazine Galore: Many publishers offer free or discounted issues of bridal magazines at wedding shows. It’s a good idea to collect them and browse through them later at your leisure for additional inspiration and good advice.
In the Middle East, most wedding shows are held in February, March and April. In this calendar of events, you will get a full list of these exhibitions. Make the most of your visit and visit more than once if your time permits. Remember, walking around exhibition booths can be tiring, so wear comfortable shoes, drink water and don’t spend your time nibbling at the stands that are offering munchies and chocolates - you don’t need the extra weight!