32 Wedding Guests Hospitalized From Drinking Contaminated Milk

32 Wedding Guests Hospitalized From Drinking Contaminated Milk
Wed 28-08-2013

32 Wedding guests were hospitalized in Sargodha, Pakistan from drinking contaminated milk.

They were taken to a hospital, from where 10 people were discharged later. The rest were said to be in critical condition.

Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has sought a report on the incident in 24 hours.

Police said the guests were served milk at a wedding in a village near the city. They said the bridegroom, Muhammad Iqbal, the bride, Shahida Bibi, and their families also drank from it. In less than an hour, some of them had started vomiting. 

Iqbal told police that he suspected poisoning. He said some members of that family had earlier tried to stop the marriage.