Bride-to-Be Electrocuted By iPhone

Getting married?

Stop wasting your time!

Tell us what you need

Bride-to-Be Electrocuted By iPhone
Fri 19-07-2013

A 23 year old Chinese flight attendant and bride-to-be Ma Ailun was electrocuted in her Xingiang home while answering her iPhone 5 while it was charging after getting out of the bath. 

Ma Ailun passed away and was due to marry next month, and Ma Ailun's family say the phone and accessories were bought in an official Apple Store. 

Apple says it will investigate the incident. A spokesperson for the California-based company said: "We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the family. We will fully investigate and co-operate with authorities in this matter."

Ma's brother, Yuelun, said in an interview with Apple Daily that the family believe she was killed by an electric shock while using the phone. 

Experts in Hong Kong warned against using any electrical device while it is being charged.

Johnny Sin Kin-on, a professor at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, said: "There is a risk using an electrical device while its installed battery is being charged, be it a shaver or a phone."