A Tulsa dog swallowed a wedding band and diamond engagement ring worth $23,000.
One minute the bands were sitting on a table, the next they were gone, replaced by a sheepish-looking Labrador puppy.
Stephanie Lamb has two dogs, but when her rings vanished, she knew exactly which pup was to blame.
"I saw the dogs near the coffee table and remembered that I'd left my wedding rings sitting on the table last night," she told KOKI-TV.
"I knew that it was Sierra because she's just a little bit of a troublemaker. She's kind of the instigator," Lamb said.
So off went Sierra to the vet's, where x-rays did indeed show the metallic objects lodge in the dog's stomach. Waiting for Mother Nature to have her way wasn't a consideration because of possible damage to Sierra's intestines.
Dr. Rodney Robards of Southern Hills Veterinary Hospital operated on the dog and plucked out the rings. He also found some other foreign objects.
"She eats more than just rings, I'm afraid," the animal doc told the station. "Once I got inside the stomach, there were some rocks in there."
There were also some sticks or bones, Robards said. He couldn't tell the difference.
Sierra will be under the weather for a few days, but eventually she'll be just fine.