Now that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt got married, the world wants to know all the details.
We previously shared some pictures of Angelina Jolie's wedding dress, by Versace, and the veil Luigi Massi of Atelier Versace created by sewing designs based on Angelina’s kids’ drawings into it.
Here are more details about the Brangelina wedding:
- The couple chose live music and instead had friends and family hum “Here Comes the Bride” as Angelina walked down the aisle, and Mendelssohn’s “Wedding March” at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Brad Pitt didn’t see Angelina's wedding dress until she walked into the chapel. The star worked with Atelier Versace master tailor Luigi Massi to hand-sew drawings from her children and the words “ma famille,” which is French for “my family.”
- The couple were married by a California judge and relied on their 6 children to pen the vows that they would recite to each other, much of which involved asking their parents to make promises to each other. Jolie said “it was very sweet what they came up with.”
- Each of the Jolie-Pitts’ 6 children chose their clothes and their roles for the ceremony. Maddox and Pax, who had to lend dad a tie since he forgot to pack his, opted to walk their mom down the aisle, while Zahara and Viv threw flower petals. Knox and Shiloh were ring bearers sporting some adorable hats.
- The wedding had plenty of personal touches, including a dedication to Angelina’s late mother, Marcheline Betrand, who died of ovarian cancer in 2007. Brad had her name engraved on a stone in the chapel, while Angelina wore her mother’s flower ring and her brother, James Haven, wore an “angel pin from her jewelry box.”
- Keeping with the laid-back vibe of the wedding, the couple opted for barbecue dishes, as well as wine from their vineyard and a wedding cake baked and frosted by their son Pax.
- Angelina Jolie's father Jon Voight didn't go, but among the 20 guests were Brad's parents, Bill and Jane, and siblings, Doug and Julie, who have families of their own.
- Angelina's brother, James Haven, was there too, and so was designer Massi, jewelry maker Procop, and their wedding officiant, California judge John Ouderkirk.
- Brad and Angelina did not give exchange wedding gifts, nor did they receive any from their guests. In fact, the charitable pair is donating the proceeds of their wedding photos (also run internationally by Hello! magazine), which were distributed by Getty Images, to their Jolie-Pitt Foundation to aid humanitarian causes.
- Days after their nuptials, Angelina headed to Malta where she will soon be directing and starring in By the Sea with her new husband. "We are working together on a drama about grief and finding a way through a difficult marriage," she told People. And, yes, they "find it very funny that it's our honeymoon."
Source: MTV and Yahoo