Hollywood doesn't have a good reputation when it comes to long-lasting marriages. Besides the rare 50 year marriage of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, most celebrity unions are expected to fail.
Here are ten of Hollywood's shortest marriages:
- Kim Kardashain and Kris Humphries - who were supposed to live happily ever after, had only 72 days of marriage before Kim filed for divorce citing the ever-popular "irreconcilable differences."
- Britney Spears and Jason Alexander – Spear made headlines in 2004 when she married childhood friend Alexander in a Las Vegas wedding. Their marriage lasted 55 hours only and was annulled.
- Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman – In another quickie Vegas wedding, Rodman and Electra tied the knot in 1998, but after 9 days, Rodman called it quits explaining that he was intoxicated at the time and had the marriage annulled.
- Mario Lopez and Ali Landry – The former "Saved by the Bell" actor and the "Doritos' Girl" were married in Mexico back in 2004 after dating for 6 years. However, Yahoo! reported that after Landry discovered "really strong evidence" of infidelity, she had the marriage annulled after 2 weeks of marriage.
- Eddie Murphy and Tracey Edmunds – The Oscar-nominated actor and Edmunds said "I do" in a lavish island wedding attended by 25 guests, according to People magazine, but before the couple could make it legal in the U.S., their marriage ended after 2 weeks.
- Chris Kattan and Sunshine Lutt – The former SNL star wed his model girlfriend back in 2008, but the wedded bliss stopped after 8 weeks, according to Yahoo!.
- Lisa Marie Pressley and Nicolas Cage – Yahoo! reported that Pressley and Cage ended their marriage after only 3 months in 2002. The site said that Pressley called it "a big mistake."
- Pamela Anderson and Kris Rock – The New York Daily News lists Anderson and Rock as one of the shortest marriages in Hollywood. The former Baywatch star and rocker were married 4 months before Anderson filed for divorce.
- Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney – The world was shocked when it was announced that Zellweger and Chesney were married, never mind that they'd been a couple. It felt like it never happened after Chesney filed for divorce citing "fraud" after 4 months, according to Yahoo!.
- Charlie Sheen and Donna Peele – Before his recent headline-making behavior, Sheen married Peele, a model, in 1995 after just dating for 6 weeks. It comes as no surprise that the marriage ended after 5 months, according to the New York Daily News.
Adapted from EndPlay Staff Reports