This Avocado and Carrot Face Mask is used for moisturizing & cleaning your skin.
The creamy flesh of avocados is a great base for many moisturizing & cleaning facials. Avocados provide nearly 20 essential nutrients, including fiber, potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid, which all help in improving your overall skin health and giving you a soft look as well as an instant glow.
Carrots are antiseptic and, when included in a homemade facial mask recipe, help tone and rejuvenate your skin.
Olive oil has numerous health benefits. It is one of the most sought after natural oils for skin care. There is a variety of antioxidants in olive oil, including Vitamins A and E, but the most potent compound is hydroxytyrosol, which prevents free radical damage on skin cells. Therefore, olive oil has very potent anti-inflammatory properties.
Olive oil also contains a natural moisturizer, called squalene. Sebum is what makes our skin too greasy, but squalene has the incredible ability of regulating its secretion. This means that, when used on your skin, the sebum will be reduced, and you will experience less skin problems than before.
1/2 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Cut an avocado in half. Remove the pit from the center, then peel and mash the flesh.
2. Cook the carrot until soft.
3. Cut the carrot. Add it to the avocado and olive oil and put the mix in the blender.
4. Make sure your face is washed & make up removed before you apply the mask.
5. Smooth the avocado carrot mask over your face. Avoid getting any of the substance in your eyes. Relax and leave the mask in place for 20 minutes.
6. Rinse the mask off with warm water, followed by a cool water rinse to help close pores.
7. Pat your face dry with a towel.