Choosing your wedding cake is a very special moment for any bride; it takes a lot of research to choose a cake that goes perfectly well with your wedding theme, and it also takes a lot of research to find the right cake shop. Places that sell wedding cakes in Dubai are not hard to find, there are many patisseries and bakeries where you could order a wedding cake from.
In many cases the wedding venue itself provides the wedding cake as part of the wedding package you are paying for. However, in some cases you need to look for a professional cake baker to order your wedding cake separately from.
If you’re getting married in Dubai, you will find a vast selection of patisseries, cake shops and pastry chefs, who can create luxurious and beautiful wedding cakes.
To help you out, we did the research for you! Here are some of the best wedding cake shops in Dubai:
Click here for more Wedding Cake Shops in Dubai
House of Cakes
This cake shop creates bespoke wedding cakes; they use their own recipes and techniques to make sure brides and grooms get the wedding cake of their dreams. Working alongside some of Dubai's top hotels, wedding planners and florists, they create wedding cakes, that suit every wedding style.
Katrina Sweets & Confectionery
Nestled in the heart of UAE, their company provides the best wedding and engagement cakes in Dubai UAE since 2007. They have professional pastry chefs, bakers, and artists who can create the most delicious and elegant designs of cakes for your special wedding and engagement day that would surely amaze and satisfy you and your guests. They also cater cakes for Royal families and celebrities for special events and other gatherings in Dubai, Abu Dhabi UAE.
Creator of delicacies since 1862, LADURÉE has managed to become one of the most beautiful patisserie landmarks in the world in just a few years, and a worthy representative of the expertise and of the "art of living” French-style. Ladurée offers an exquisite savoury canapés range perfect for receptions, a delicious selection of sweet petits fours and mini pastries to make your wedding even more special. In addition to, the legendary Ladurée macarons that can be served in trays or in a pyramids and even as giveaway gift boxes and wedding favors, Laduree also produces beautifyl hand crafted wedding cakes.
This famous bakery goes back to 1996; it first opened in New York City’s West Village. Magnolia Bakery has been cherished for its classic American baked goods, vintage decor and warm, inviting atmosphere. Magnolia Bakery offers a variety of wedding cake designs, including Magnolia Bakery Classics, Lacework & Ruffles, Rosettes & Flowers, Beading & Pearls and Fancy Frills.
Mimoza Bakery & Sweets
Mimoza is all about glamour when it comes to desserts; this place is constantly seeking new challenges in designing cakes to make their customers happy. Mimoza will create any luxurious wedding cake you have in mind, and it will definitely exceed your expectations.
In 1990 two friends came together with a clear idea: to create a bakery that honored celebrations. With their combined skills and vision, Mister Baker was born.
Since then, they have grown with one clear purpose in mind – to make your dream celebrations a reality. They have worked tirelessly to expand their delectable menu and services in order to make every celebration not just special, but memorable too.
Sara and Soha Cakes
With a degree in Fine arts and Design and the passion for baking passed on through generations, Sara and Soha bring to you edible delights! They come from a family of bakers established in the business since the 1940s and share a passion to bring your dream wedding/celebration cake to life. Every Gourmelicious cake is customized to suit your own taste and style, made with the freshest ingredients.
If you’re looking for a unique wedding cake shop, many brides in the UAE find their dream wedding cake at Sugarology, which is headed by Chef Gayu Lewis, an award winning pastry chef with over 11 years of experience. Read this interview with Chef Gayu Lewis to learn more about her and her business.
Points to Note
Here are the 5 most asked questions regarding wedding cake etiquette answered:
- Do we have to have a wedding cake at our wedding? Not having a wedding cake will not ruin your wedding, it’s a personal choice after all! If you are not a fan of wedding cakes, choose something else you love.
- When do we have to cut the cake and why does the timing matter? Cutting the cake provides an unspoken signal to your guests that it is okay for them to leave without being thought of as rude.The cake is usually cut right before or right after dinner, before the next phase of dancing starts, as a courtesy especially to the elderly that they are free to leave whenever they want.
- Do we have to serve dessert after dinner if we are already serving cake? Wedding cake is considered dessert, and you can serve only wedding cake after dinner so long as the cake is enough to go around for all guests.
- Some couples have fun with their cake and the bride or groom playfully smudge some on each other’s faces, is that appropriate? This is totally a judgment call for both the bride and groom; depending on your guests, your parents, etc. But if you’re up for it, that’ll definitely make for some seriously funny wedding pictures.
- Is there a proper way of cutting the cake? The bride should place her hand on the knife and the groom places his hand over hers, they should make 2 smooth cuts at the bottom tier. It is tradition that the groom feeds his bride the first bite and then the bride reciprocates.
Lori Hutchinson – or more formally, The Caketress – is a refreshing reminder that cakes are a universal form of art. Renowned for her skill, her haute couture cake designs, and her ethos that all cakes should be one-of-a-kind, Hutchinson has earned praise from the likes of Harper’s Bazaar, Martha Stewart Weddings, and Brides – all while cultivating a strong, global fanbase. With the combination of her social media presence and artistry has led to international opportunities that include everything from an appearance on the Food Network Challenge to a welcome place in the luxury Dubai wedding community. She still stands as one of the few cake artists to have been flown across the world to design and create towering wedding cakes.
The Caketress is based in Dubai offering her couture designs to select weddings in the UAE and abroad for destination weddings.