Dubai Opera is Dubai's first purpose built multi-format performing arts theatre and the definitive destination for quality entertainment productions and performances. Dubai Opera is a truly unique venue which has become a beacon for performing arts and entertainment with the ability to transform its proscenium arch theatre into a unique banquet configuration flat floor space.
When the space is repurposed as an event hire proposition it becomes a 1800 sqm flat floor space which can hold up to 1000 people for weddings, gala dinner, fashion show, product launches, exhibitions and more.
Get to know more about Dubai Opera as a wedding venue through this interview we held with Cynthia Keldany, Senior Events Manager at Dubai Opera:
- What makes Dubai Opera such a unique wedding venue?
Dubai Opera has the exceptional ability to transform into 3 modes: From a theatre into a concert hall and into a ‘flat floor’ mode becoming a banquet or event hall. This seamless flexibility has and continues to enable Dubai Opera to host a wide variety of performances and events including theatre, opera, ballet, orchestras, concerts, gala dinners, conferences, awards ceremonies and weddings. Depending on the event, the configuration allows for around 2000 seats for a concert and up to 1000 for a dinner.
Dubai Opera recently transformed into a breath-taking space for our first wedding. The Dubai Opera Team, took on this role delivering a seamless turnkey experience from concept design and décor to catering, menu tasting, arranging hotel accommodation to name but a few. Whilst we don’t have a concierge service, we assisted with providing dressing rooms, transformed The Studio into a beautifully appointed makeup/dressing room for the bride, and the foyers cleared for a female only photoshoot. No request was denied.
Dubai Opera also boasts several spaces and venues other than the auditorium for weddings and associated events, including an award winning rooftop restaurant Sean Connolly at Dubai Opera, a luxuriously appointed Majlis for VIP hosting and entertaining and The Dubai Opera Studio. The new Promenade and exceptional Dubai Opera Garden played host to its first event for New Year’s Eve 2017/2018 and saw guests dine in style under Burj Khalifa and then ring in the New Year with the light show from the most exclusive viewpoint in Downtown Dubai.
- How is the main auditorium used as a ballroom for weddings?
Dubai Opera boasts state-of-the-art audio-visual technology and support systems to ensure an unmatched events experience. The main auditorium houses cutting-edge hydraulic technology and moving floor plates that allows the space to transform into the different modes including flat floor for a multitude of events including gala dinners and weddings for up to 1000 guests.
- What services do you provide couples wanting to book Dubai Opera for their wedding?
We offer a wide range of world class facilities and exceptional service for hosting weddings including, but not limited to:
- A dedicated event manager order to achieve a seamless experience from wedding conception to execution on the day
- 5 -star catering (menu choice can range from buffet to set menu or family style, to suit the bridal couple’s preference and wedding concept)
- Complimentary dressing room facilities for the bridal couple and their families
- Complimentary use of the VIP Majlis for the groom on the day of the wedding
- Complimentary dance floor set up
- Complimentary menu tasting for up to 4 people for the selected wedding menu
- Complimentary personalized way finding signage
- Dubai Opera Ushers for guest welcome/greeting and guest wayfinding
- Complimentary table décor set up with luxury table linens and chairs
- Complimentary access to Dubai Opera venue for wedding photo shoots
- Have you hosted any weddings so far? Can you tell us a bit about its setup?
Our first wedding was on 5 January 2018, where the auditorium was transformed into a truly magical setting for 800 guests. The wedding theme was an elegant mix of classic yet modern and contemporary styling and a stand out component of the wedding was the 18-piece female orchestra that performed during the reception. Dubai Opera is the perfect venue if you are looking for a breathtaking location for a truly unique and special day.
If you have any enquiry, contact Dubai Opera here.