The UK's annula Bridal Buyer Awards takes place during the Harrogate Bridal Show, it is considered to be the largest and most prestigious award in the UK bridal industry bringing companies and individuals who have excelled into the spotlight.
One of the categories at the awards was Best Shoe Collection, and the finalists were Charlotte Mills, Florence, Freya Rose, Paradox, Rachel Simpson, and Rainbow Club - and the winner for the Best Shoe Collection for 2017 was Rachel Simpson!
After graduating with a degree in Footwear Design from Leicester’s De Montfort University in 2002, Rachel spent several years designing for a number of high street brands, before launching her own name label in 2008. She combines her commercial understanding of trends with her love of traditional shoe making and all things vintage, to create unique designs with an unmistakable style.
Stocked in independent retailers worldwide, the brand continues to lead the way in originally designed, unique wedding shoes.
We chose some of our favorite bridal shoes by Rachel Simpson for you to check out:
- Sorento is a limited edition flat shoe made of a beautiful daisy mesh with a soft pointed toe. Sorento can be customised with shoe clips to add some extra sparkle.
- Monaco is a 6 cm ivory satin block heel adorned with mixed metallic leaf detailing accented with pearl and diamante detailing. The silver t-bar gives structure and support whilst elongating the leg.
- This ivory satin peep toe is inspired by the 1920s and features a simple teardrop looping detail through the front of the shoe, in a soft metallic leather.
- Isabelle is crafted from soft, ice blue leather and finished with a subtle metallic leather detailing throughout. Inspired by art deco accents, the petal shaped side panels connect at the centre to create a characteristically art deco shape.
- Made from ivory lace, interwoven with delicate beadwork and diamante embellishment and then laid over metallic silver leather, Charlotte simply demands attention! Sitting on a curved 9 cm heel, there are crossover straps for added stylish support.