When it comes to wedding dress shopping there are many things a bride should keep in mind.
On Arabia Weddings, we share all the tips and advice we have with brides-to-be to help their wedding dress shopping process be as successful as possible!
Here are some additional tips to help you get the perfect wedding gown:
- Book appointments: Many bridal shops only take you by appointment, so they can give every bride the attention she deserves. Make sure you call the boutiques ahead of time and take appointments.
- Don't bring your entire family with you: When you have 10 voices in the same room and each has a different opinion, not only will it confuse you, but it will not allow the bridal shop to provide their best services. Stick to 2 people or 3 people maximum, and once you decide on the dress you can then bring the rest of your entourage.
- Don’t wear foundation or tanning products: You don’t want to leave orange stains all over the white wedding dresses you are trying, do you?
- Expect to pay for alterations: The price tag of the wedding dress does not include the alterations that may be needed on the dress, as each dress’s alterations vary.
- Don’t pay the deposit if you’re hesitant: Unless you are 100% sure you want this dress do not pay for a deposit, most bridal shops will not refund you.
- Don’t alter right away: Only if you are expecting to have some big weight changes, otherwise, ask your bridal boutique about the best time you should start doing the alterations and plan accordingly.