So everyone tells you to relax, saying it’s good for your skin, for your health, and even for your relationship. But “relax” is always easier said than done. Right? Not necessarily! We've assembled the best relaxation techniques so that you can sustain a peaceful Zen state of mind throughout this beautiful journey.
Here are Arabia Weddings’ favorite de-stressing tips:
1. Take short naps. If you take short, 20-minute power naps every day, you are more likely to feel refreshed and your mind will feel well rested, as well as your body.
2. Drink a lot of water. It is an obvious one, we know, but it’s mentioned everywhere for a reason! The pros say that a lot of stress and fatigue is actually a result of dehydration! So keep a bottle of water with you at all time, and keep on drinking.
3. Do something different every day. No matter how small it might be, doing something out of your ordinary routine can do a lot of good for your brains. Take a different route to work, change your manicurist, or call your fiancé mid day to say ‘I love you’!
4. Pop a multivitamin. Research shows that a vitamin deficiency can take a toll on your mood, and your stress levels are more likely to escalate if you’re suffering from vitamin deficiencies such as B1, B12 and D. So check your vitamin levels and make sure you take your vitamins regularly.
5. Go Outside. Nothing beats the invigoration of being outdoors. It will give you a good escape for a few minutes, and the fresh air will do you lots of good.
6. Eat smaller meals. Avoid foods that are high in sugars, fat and carbs, and try to limit your caffeine and nicotine intake. (Arabia Weddings advice: Stay away from energy drinks! They are just pure evil.)
7. Listen to music. Sometimes, just hearing your favorite song -or singing in your loudest voice to it- can be a huge stress relief.