Debbi Kickham, a professional travel journalist and author of the bestselling travel book, The Globetrotter’s Get-Gorgeous Guide, the world’s first beauty book for traveling women, offers many tips to every bride planning her honeymoon.
Here are some of the tips she mentions regarding what to pack for your honeymoon:
1. Satin pillowcase: When you get to your hotel or cruise ship room, put a satin pillowcase over the pillow. The satin is softer on your skin and hair than cotton, and doesn’t cause creases and wrinkles. You will feel like you are sleeping at a 5-star luxurious hotel.
2. Ear plugs and eyeshades: In case the airline does not offer you ear plugs or eyeshades, it makes a lot of sense to pack them. The ear plugs will come in very handy in the airplane or at the hotel and so will the eyeshades.
3. Wet Wipes: These are moist towelettes that you will need to wipe your hands, face and upper body whenever you want to refresh. The ones fragranced with real essential oils are best. Pack them in your purse, suitcase, backpack, briefcase, car, gym bag and wallet.
4. Antibiotics: Talk to your doctor before you travel and get a prescription for antibiotics. It can save your life on your trip, when the last thing you want to do is search for a local doctor. Just exercise caution if and when you use antibiotics, and only use them for a severe infection.
5. Low fat snacks: Pack some low calorie snacks in your handbag and suitcase so you don’t find yourself binging on unhealthy high calorie snacks when you feel hungry. Include dried prunes, rice cereals, high fiber cereals, raisins, almonds and nuts.