If you were born and raised in Jordan, or any Arab country for that matter, then you are definitely aware of all the meanings and connotations that the number 30 holds. Or wait, we should be more specific. You probably comprehend all that the number 30 carries… for a woman.
When you hit 30, that’s when you leave your 20 somethings behind, and walk into your 30s a more knowledgeable, more mature and independent woman. Sadly, for some people, a 30-year old woman is expected to be so many things already. She’s expected to have reached certain milestones in her life that society has glued to her shoulders. But we are in the year 2012! And we want to set some minds straight!
30 is the new 20 figuratively speaking, of course, since being 30 is about as hot as it gets! Really! And more importantly, experiencing love and a new life together with your soulmate when you’re in your 30s gives everything a much more valuable meaning. Making decisions when you’re in your prime years; making your own decisions, is far more rewarding than anything else.
Research shows that you are more likely to have a solid marriage and less likely to get a divorce if you get married after the age of 25. According to the National Center for Health Statistics, your chances of staying married more than double if you get married after the age of 25 and have even better odds the closer you are to 30.
This all probably sounds logical, doesn’t it? And yet, single women in their late 20s and early 30s are still faced with the never-ending questions regarding their personal lives at every social event possible. “So! Have you found Mr. Right yet?” “You’re still single? But how come?” And yes some of those asking these questions mean well, but nonetheless it gets quite old and redundant with time.
But to get back to our present time; if you are a 30 something year old bride-to-be who’s reading this article, then you are one of the wise ones out there. And here’s why…
1. When you hit 30, your skin, hair and body are all at their prime! Meaning, you are at the peak of your beauty. So, embrace it, love it, and flaunt it!
2. You now know exactly what you want, and you are not afraid to make it happen. You know who you are, what you like, and most importantly, what you don’t like!
3. Both you and your hubby should be on the same wavelength as you are both more mature and more open in your communication with each other.
4. You have lived your 20s to the maximum! You enjoyed being single, independent and free for most of your 20 something years! You’ve gotten to know yourself well, no regrets.
5. You are not getting married for the sake of getting married; you are getting married because you have found someone that is compatible with you and you want to build a life together.
6. You expectations are more realistic now. It is not that you are compromising; but rather you are aware of your realistic expectations of a marriage and of a wedding.
7. It is not just about that fairy tale wedding; it’s about building a life together based on mutual love, respect, and shared fun and interests!
8. Once both of you decide to bring children into the world, you are now at an age where you can provide for them with all the energy and wisdom you’ve acquired throughout the years. You can now raise them according to your beliefs, as you are fully competent and confident in your own abilities and capabilities to raise a family.
9. You are more financially stable. You and your man have built careers and know the successful direction you’re heading towards.
And the list goes on, and on. The main point still remains; love yourself no matter what your age is. Celebrate you and enjoy and cherish every phase that you go through, with a big smile!