Your wedding pictures will be a memory you will treasure forever and ever, this is why it is important to have beautiful wedding pictures and choose the best and most professional wedding photographer on your wedding day, this section is filled with wedding photography tips and inspiration for you to check out.
Looking For Suppliers? Find Them Now:
Your wedding pictures are the thing that will remind you most about your wedding, your wedding pictures will stay with you forever and always remind you and partner of that special day, because you will always have this special wedding album that has all your wedding pictures, and this is why you have to make sure that your wedding pictures are perfect and to ensure this, we will help you out with all the photography trends and tips you need for your wedding.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you look great in all your wedding pictures.
- Hire a professional makeup artist: Make sure they use colors that suit your skin tone and keep it simple and elegant. Also, ask for a ‘prova’ to see how you’re going to look, and take pictures with the makeup on to see how they turn out.
- Find your good side: Believe it or not everyone has a good side, look at pictures of you that you like and decide which angle of your face you like more, and start using that in your future pictures.
- Don’t fake your smiles: It’s your wedding! Why would you fake a smile? Think happy thoughts and try and show how happy you are in your pictures.
- Lipstick: Your lipstick might fade after a while during your wedding, so make sure one of your friends keeps one with her so you can re-apply when you pose for pictures. Who wants dry lips in their wedding pictures?
And here are some more tips to help you have the best wedding pictures:
- Spend some time identifying what your photography style is. Look through magazines and tear out images that grab you. If you like bright, advertising-style images, a photographer with a more fashion-led style will suit your wedding best.
- Ask your friends for recommendations. Even if they aren’t recently married, they may have been at a wedding where they were impressed with the photographer.
- Look at a lot of photographers’ websites. What’s your first impression? Do you like their work? Is their website well designed? Remember, this is the person who will be designing your wedding album.
- Narrow your choices down to three and make appointments to meet them. It’s important that you look at album samples so that you know what you’ll be getting.
- Don’t book someone whose work you love if you don’t like them personally. If you don’t get on, it will be apparent in your expressions on the day and on record in your pictures forever!
- Do ask to see photos from a complete wedding. It’s easy to take two or three good shots at each wedding, but its consistency is the mark of a good, professional photographer.
- Don’t make your decision purely based on price. Ten years from now when you are looking through the album, you won’t care how much it costs if the pictures are fabulous. These images will be your everlasting memory from the day so they need to be perfect!
- Make sure that you hire a professional. It’s a specialized job; experience in dealing quickly and efficiently with different lighting and weather situations is key.
- Do ask for a pre-wedding shoot if it’s not included in your package. It’s a great chance to have some fun while you’re at it. These could even make great shots for your thank you cards.
- Don’t leave it too late. Many photographers are already taking bookings for early 2012. Book early to make sure you get the photographer you really want.
When it comes to wedding photography, it is very important that you choose a photographer you are comfortable working with, and someone who is a professional in what they do. Your wedding photographer will work with you every step of the way, and you need to trust the photographer that he or she wants you to look your best in the pictures. In this section, we will help you find the perfect photographer with the best tips to help you out. You should also always ask your friends for recommendations. Even if they aren’t recently married, they may have been at a wedding where they were impressed with the photographer.
Your wedding photographer is the most important wedding vendor you will deal with after all your wedding pictures will be the only thing left to remind you of your magical wedding day.
But don’t rely completely on your wedding photographer to know exactly what you want and which wedding moments you would like him/her to capture. There are a few things you can do on your part that can help your photographer with that.
- Tell Them your Personal Stories: Your wedding pictures should never look too fake or posed, they should look natural. And to have these pictures, you need to make sure your photographer captures the candid moments, so tell your photographer what your relationship is about, how you feel about your family and friends, which will help your photographer understand your background and capture your special moments with the special people you told him/her about. Also make sure your photographer knows what you love and what you don’t whether it’s your pet, a necklace your mother gave you, and other details you would like your photographer to record them on film.
- Tell Them What Photos You Would Like to See: Write down a list of must-have pictures for your photographer to follow, also show them the type of photography you love, Pinterest has a lot of ideas to give you good inspiration.
When it comes to choosing the right wedding photographer, the tips are endless!
But what about what your photographer really wants you to know before you book him/her?
Here are the most common things we came across:
- Asking a photographer to copy another photographer’s style is asking them to not do their best work.
- Don’t hire a photographer with the idea that you’ll edit or fix the photos yourself. After all, you are hiring someone for a reason, which is to do something professionally so that you won’t have to.
- Tips are never expected but are always appreciated.
- Most photographers will not take pictures during dinner while everyone is eating, so it is only polite to make sure beforehand that the caterer serves the photographer as well.
- Take a minimum of 30 minutes for family and wedding party photos and an hour for the couple portraits.
These days many brides love to have pre-wedding photos of her and her groom, whether, in a themed photoshoot or a photo session, it helps the couple get to know their wedding photographer better before the wedding and it is a great chance to have some fun, and they could even make great shots for your thank you cards or be used in your wedding.
What about your wedding videographer? To make sure everything goes smoothly and you don’t end up with an unwanted surprise, there are some questions you need to ask your videographer when you are meeting with him/her.
Asking these questions will help you decide whether you feel comfortable hiring this specific videographer or look for another one.
Here are 4 questions you should ask your wedding videographer and why:
- How long have you been a wedding videographer?
- Always choose someone with experience, knowing that your wedding videographer has worked at many weddings and with lots of brides and grooms will make you feel more confident about your choice.
- What does your package include, and what are the exact prices for different packages?
- Most videographers will charge you by the amount of time they spend at your wedding, but prices may vary, for example, if you want a second shooter or not, or other details you might add.
- Will you be the one shooting my wedding or will one of your team members do the work?
- Brides and grooms usually prefer the professional wedding videographer to shoot their wedding and not one of their team members, but if they assure you that their team members will be to do the job, it is then up to you to decide.
- When can I expect to get the wedding video?
- Wedding videos usually need a lot of editing, so ask your videographer how long will it take them to edit the video and give you the final copy.
In this wedding photography section, you will find everything you need related to wedding photography, from tips and advice to help you choose the right wedding photographer and look great in your pictures to wedding picture ideas, and the latest wedding photography trends for your wedding.