A section on the growing trend of Destination Weddings - best advice, best locations and real weddings.
Looking For Suppliers? Find Them Now:
Destination Weddings have become a huge trend worldwide including the Middle East; planning a wedding in your own country can be stressful, so how about planning it abroad? A destination wedding is an opportunity for couples to celebrate their marriage at a gorgeous destination of their choosing away from home. Destination Weddings, that are well planned can be a truly exceptional and unforgettable experience for all those involved, however, planning from a distance makes it particularly important to give yourself enough time to plan to perfection.
What do we mean by Destination Weddings?
To clarify what we mean by Destination Weddings in this section, we would like to split Destination Weddings into 2 parts, one is Inbound Destination Weddings and the other is Outbound Destination Weddings.
- Inbound destination weddings are weddings for couples from countries around the world, including the US, Australia, India, Europe and Africa, who travel to the Middle East to hold their weddings in countries such as the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan and others. Indian destination weddings held in the UAE, Oman, Bahrain and more recently Jordan, are the largest and most opulent inbound destination weddings.
- Outbound destination weddings are those weddings for couples living in the Middle East who travel outside the boundaries of the Middle East to hold their wedding celebrations.
Why do couples choose a Destination Wedding? Weddings abroad are romantic and unique, they are also a great way to take everyone on a mini-vacation, and start your honeymoon faster. A destination wedding can help eliminate some of the wedding planning stress, as the destination wedding planners essentially walk the couple through most of the process. This allows you, your families, and your friends to focus on yourselves, and on enjoying your wedding abroad.
Choosing destination wedding locations is not always an easy task for many couples, and in many cases, they need to consult friends and relatives on what would be the best destination to have their wedding at, and at which venue.
In this special section on Arabia Weddings, we will help you plan the perfect destination wedding, whether it is inbound or outbound, we will help you choose the best wedding destinations, wedding locations within those destinations, wedding venues and suppliers. We will also give you all the destination wedding ideas and tips that you need to pull off the best destination wedding.
Not only we will share with you the best destination wedding locations, but we will also give you the best wedding destination ideas to help you plan your wedding easily without any trouble, the best destination wedding planners to work with, and much more.
Destination weddings are absolutely magical. They offer you a fairy-tale escape and a sense of romance that you might not fully achieve if you’re having your wedding in your own home town. Destination weddings are the perfect way to have a memorable, unique wedding that reflects your true love story.
Here are some tips that will help you plan your long distance wedding:
- Location Checklist: Make a list of things you can do from where you are, and another list of the things that you will need to do while you are in the country where you are having your wedding.
- Communication: Through phone calls, e-mails, Skype and similar applications, contact your vendors, book them, and meet with them to discuss details of your wedding.
- Assign a Leader on the Wedding Location: If your mom, best friend, or close relative lives in the same country as your wedding location, then assign them to keep an eye and follow up on the details. They can email you pictures, prices, and will help you feel more comfortable.
- If you are having a destination wedding and don’t know anyone there, hire a wedding planner, which many hotels have on site or can recommend one.
- Simplicity is Key: Keep your plans simple, doable and minimal to make it easier on yourself and your vendors.
Which are the most popular wedding destinations for couples from the Middle East?
For couples living in the Middle East, 3 countries stand out as the most popular wedding destinations. These are Greece, Turkey and Cyprus. In the different sections we have for Destination Weddings in Greece, Destination Weddings in Cyprus and Destination Weddings in Turkiye, we explore the various reasons that make these destinations popular choices among couples from the Middle East.
In addition to those 3 countries that are closer in distance to many of the countries of the Middle East than other countries in West Europe, Italy seems to be the most sought after wedding destination, followed by Spain, Portugal and France.