Dubai's Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management issued new precautionary measures effective from Monday, 17 May 2021. Under the new guidelines, the maximum attendance at weddings has increased to 100 guests for venues and hotels and 30 for home weddings. However, all attendees and staff at venues and hotels should have been vaccinated.
- Observe minimum physical distancing of 2 meters and mandatory wearing of (medical) face masks.
- Increased capacity to 70% for all entertainment activities and facilities.
- Increase of capacity to 100% for all hotel rooms.
Cafes, restaurants and bars:
- The number of people allowed to sit at one table has been increased to a maximum of 10 people.
- For shisha serving venues, up to a maximum 6 people per table can now sit together.
- Restaurants can now resume brunches.
- Bars can reopen and must adhere to the latest precautionary measures and all staff including visitors must have COVID19 vaccine.
- Entertainment activities are allowed to be held and must adhere to the latest precautionary measures and participants (performers / entertainers) must have COVID19 vaccine.
Above guidelines are valid for a one-month extendable trial period starting from 17 May, 2021.