One of the most important details that require the attention of the bride and groom during the wedding planning process is to choose the perfect wedding invitation card. There is so much more than choosing the design and wedding invitation templates when it comes to wedding invitations.
Remember that your wedding invites are the first impression your wedding guests will get of your wedding, whether it is the style, or theme, your wedding invitation card should have all the details of your wedding in it, and give your guests the vibe or feel of how the wedding will be like, in terms of colors or theme.
There are many details to take into consideration when it comes to your wedding invitations, such as the quality of paper, the script, the design, and the size of the card, even the font used in it.
Here are some details you should keep in mind when choosing your wedding invitations:
- Start preparing your wedding cards as soon as you set your wedding date, even 8 to 6 weeks before your wedding so you can avoid any surprises and make sure you don't fall into any mistakes, and always ask for extra cards to be printed just in case.
- Choose a good paper quality for printing your invites, as the quality of paper will give a rich feel to your wedding invitations.
- Choose the right font that suits your wedding invitation style.
- Choose the right color, you can never go wrong with white or ivory or any light color, but these days brides are getting more creative and bolder when it comes to choosing unique colors for their invites.
- Choosing the prints, decorations, and patterns of your invites are up to your taste and the style of your wedding.
- Remember to ask the printing company to show you a sample of the invitations before you order them in bulk.
- Remember that the price of the wedding invitations differs according to how creative and how over the top your wedding invitation choose if you are low on budget but want something elegant and timeless, a simple white or cream-colored wedding invitation with a nice font can do the trick.
Choosing the perfect wedding card design:
- Keep in mind the latest color trends when choosing your wedding decor and theme as well as your wedding card design, you can always mix different colors and make a design that suits your taste. For example, if you are going to have a spring or summer wedding, you can choose a colorful wedding invitation card with bright colors or even decorated with elegant flowers, on the other hand, if you are celebrating your wedding in autumn or winter, you can choose dark colors or a wedding card inspired by different occasions during the seasons, such as Valentine's Day, Christmas, or any other special occasion, it's up to you to decide how you want your wedding invitation card to look like.
- Although the traditional shape of the cards is rectangular, there is no specific rule to choose the shape and design of the card, there are many couples who want to get creative with the shape of the invitations and choose them to be indifferent shape and style, whether in a circular or square pattern or with an unconventional shape such as sending a box or even a bottle, you can also add a beautiful souvenir to the guests with the card as a different idea.
- One of the most recent and innovative ideas is to send the invitation card inside a bottle, you can create a bottle decorated with details that go with the wedding decorations and inside it an invitation card.
- You can also use small boxes of cardboard with the date of the wedding and the name of the couple, with a paper inside with all the details, you can also include a souvenir for the guests.
- These days using the couple's pictures on the wedding invitation card has become a huge trend as well, which will give the card a surprisingly personal touch and it will be different from the rest of the traditional designs.
Your guest list:
- First of all, you have to have your wedding guest list ready, start off with your close friends and family members, then your distant family and social circles and coworkers. Your groom and his family should do the same as well.
- One way to make sure you don't forget anyone is by taking a look at your Facebook friends.
- One last tip is to check all your wedding invitations once you receive them and check them again before sending them, to make sure there are no mistakes.
What information should my wedding cards contain?
No matter what design and style of your wedding invite, there are important details that should not be forgotten:
- Start your invite with a verse from the Quraan or a short poem.
- The names of the invitees. A wedding invitation must contain the names of the guests: "Addressed to Mr. .. and his wife, from Mr. .. and his wife, who are happy to invite you to a wedding or marriage ceremony (names of the bride and groom) and write the address of the place where the ceremony will be held in detail. The envelope of the external invitations must contain the name of the invitee. Make sure to use the guest's titles if there are any such as "doctor", and always use "Mr or Mrs" for a married couple. simple "Mr. and Mrs.".
- The main content of the invitation.
- The venue and you can even attach a map.
- Phone numbers for RSVP.
- The time and date of the wedding.
- And any specific details you want to add such as if children are welcomed to the wedding or not if taking photos is allowed or not...or any other details
If you're bored of traditional floral prints for spring but still want a fresh and bloomy vibe to your wedding invites, botanical prints are perfect for you!
Every season has its own vibes, even your wedding invitations should be influenced by the season, when it comes to fall weddings, you can go for darker colors and mix them with metallics or glitter.
Pastel colors are always in season and trending, whether it is a spring or summer wedding, pastels are always a popular choice.
When it comes to weddings, lace is always a popular choice, it is elegant and timeless, and you can never go wrong by choosing lace details for your wedding invitations.
Lace can be added to your wedding invitations along with pearl details or combined with another delicate fabric, to add a unique touch to the invitations.
Video in Print Wedding Invitations
If you're looking for a wedding invitation with a WOW factor, then this trend is definitely for you.
Choose the content of the video, whether you want to share your story with your wedding guests, send them a special message, or share a slideshow with your pictures, everything is doable with the video-in-print wedding invitations.
Embroidered Wedding Invitations
If you're a romantic and feminine bride who wants a romantic, vintage-inspired wedding, then you will love this wedding invitation card idea.
These wedding invitations are girly, romantic and so pretty! Your wedding guests will love these invitations and this unique idea.
Snowflakes Wedding Invitations
Winter weddings are always magical and romantic, and one of our favorite winter detail is, of course, snow! So why not include snowflakes in your wedding theme?
Striped and Floral Wedding Invitations
Mixing two patterns together is always a great idea, so how about mixing stripes and florals for your wedding invitations?
Think of using these two patterns on your envelopes and envelope liners, as well as, the actual invitation card.
Spring-inspired wedding card designs can include bright colors, florals, and even fruit patterns and prints.
Geeky Wedding Invitations
If you are a geeky couple then why not include this personal touch to your wedding invitations? Make your wedding invitations personal and let them express your personality.
Funny Wedding Invitations
Although most brides and grooms go for the traditional and formal wording for their wedding invitation cards, some brides and grooms choose to be different and put a smile on their guests’ faces.
We have come across some pretty funny and witty wedding invitations that will definitely make you smile.
Our first recommendation is to make a white invitation with a ribbon on it. The ribbon can be silky and shiny, champagne-colored with long tales. When you open the invitation, the base is recommended to be snowy white with an engraving. The engraving would be all over the white surface.
You can choose a couple of them – flowers, roses, leaves, whatever you would like the background to be. Everything but a plain white surface. The letters that would fit best are in an italic style if you are writing in English as well as Arabic.
Their color can be golden or black. If you pick a golden shadow, make sure it matches the ribbon. This kind of calligraphy gives a romantic overall look. The golden champagne ribbon combined with the beautiful golden Arabic letters will definitely leave a great impression.
This type of invitation is a really cute one. A heart-shaped gate colored in two shades will open a way for your guests to come to your wedding.
The gate opening to the invitation can have jewels with black or white zircons. The overall look of the invitation would be perfect for an elegant and expressionist type of wedding.
If you like more a modern type of invitation, then you should go with 3D. For example, using a black base for this type of invitation makes a stronger impression. Golden letters for yours and your spouse’s name and ornaments across the whole invitation will make you want to look at it all the time.
A great idea for some wedding invitation inspiration is to get inspired by your wedding season. For example, if you are having a summer wedding you can choose lighter colored wedding invitations or if you are having a spring wedding you can have florals on the cards, on the other hand, if you are having a fall or winter wedding then you can go for darker colors, or inspired by the holiday taking place during the season, such as Valentine's Day, Christmas, or any other special day, it is up to you to decide on how you want your wedding invitation cards to look like.
Beautiful Free Wedding Invite Printables
Who says you have to spend tons of money on your wedding invitations? Couples are becoming more money aware and are looking for different and efficient ways to have an elegant wedding without spending all their savings on.
Wedding printables are popular in the US, UK, and Europe, but not so popular in the Middle East and the Arab World, but they could become a new practical trend for couples who want elegant details for a lesser cost.
What we love about this idea are the endless themes and colors you can choose from and customize your invites the way that suits you and your wedding theme!
Take their breath away with this fun invitation. Have your wedding invitation printed on a balloon and sent in an envelope to your guests, and once they blow them up they will be able to read your invitation.
Coral Colored for Summer and Spring
Why do we love coral color? Because it is perfect for summer and spring weddings and goes perfectly with many colors, such as gold, yellow, and blue.
"It is a color we see in nature," says Institute vice president Laurie Pressman describing the color Living Coral which was the color of 2019.. "Lying at the center of our naturally vivid and chromatic ecosystem, it is evocative of how coral reefs provide shelter to a diverse kaleidoscope of nature’s color and serves as a source of sustenance and shelter to sea life."
When it comes to wedding invitations, they are the first vibe or idea your wedding guests will take of your wedding, and there are some things that you should take into consideration, like your wedding invitation templates, and wedding card design.
Laser-cut designs for wedding invitation cards are very popular this year; they’re modern, delicate, and beautiful.
Laser-cut invitation cards are done by using a special computerized laser cutter to create any shape you want.
You can have your wedding invitations cut in lace-inspired shapes or in many other different patterns. What is also a great idea for laser-cut cards is to use colored paper behind the laser cut patterns to make them pop out even more.
Miniature Wedding Invitations
Just to prove that the tiniest details make a big difference; couples are embracing the tiny wedding invitation trend.
Valentine's Day Inspired Wedding Invitations
If you're having your wedding day in February or on Valentine's Day, then why not include some Valentine's Day details in your wedding.
One subtle and creative way to include the most romantic day of the year at your wedding is to have some Valentine's Day inspired wedding invitations.