Dorla and George met at an engagement party for George’s sister who was getting engaged to Dorla’s cousin in Amman - Jordan. George then went back to Dubai where he was living and kept in touch with Dorla, mainly, through social media.
When they decided to take their relationship to the next level, their “toulbeh” (when the groom's family asks for the bride’s hand in marriage from the father-of-the bride) was actually done over Skype! “Our "toulbeh" was through Skype between my dad and George's dad who was in the USA” Dorla commented. Talk about utilizing technology for a beautiful cause!
Dorla shared her wedding planning experience with us and this is what she had to say:
- When was the wedding held and where?
The wedding took place on June 21st, 2013 in a church in Fuhais, Jordan.
- Did you hire a wedding planner or planned the wedding yourself?
We hired wedding planners through our venue ‘Level Farm’. It's an amazing outdoor place, The owner of Level Farm provided us with the full package.
- What is the biggest advice you can give any bride-to-be?
Live every minute of your engagement, enjoy your preparation for the wedding and don't get stressed because you’re not going to notice anything during the wedding.
- What was the theme or color scheme you picked for your wedding?
The color was white and the theme was about nature; which went perfectly with the venue since it was a farm.
- Do you recommend specific suppliers you worked with?
"Live every minute of your engagement,
enjoy your preparation for the wedding"
- What was the most difficult and stressful part of wedding planning?
Finding the right place for an outdoor wedding, as I always wanted my wedding to be held outdoors.
- Did you face any surprises?
Actually no, everything went as planned.
- Do you consider yourself as a relaxed bride or more of a bridezilla?
We were a relaxed couple.
- Describe your wedding day and the planning process.
It was a very long day full of action but we didn’t feel the time, it’s as if we were unconscious! We actually didn’t remember most of the wedding until we watched the video!Thankfully, the wedding was gorgeous; everybody was happy and enjoyed the party.