Turkey's International Mice and Wedding Forum (IMWF) published a survey covering 1468 professionals from 822 MICE and Wedding Agencies spanning 45 countries to share their opinion regarding the current situation in different travel markets.
"We must stand together in these challenging times to overcome the obstacles and hardships of the pandemic and the economical challenges that will follow. This is especially important to all our peers in the Tourism sector, to be the hardest hit economically because of the global lockdown," said Necip Fuat Ersoy, Managing Director of IMWF.
"We are eager to analyze and share with you the effects of the pandemic on all tiers of our industry, such as destinations, airlines and air travel conditions and where today’s customer stands when it comes to travel and all associated details," added Necip Fuat Ersoy.
Here are the results of the survey:
1) When do you expect the ongoing pandemic to end?
2) How long will it take for your business to get back on track after the pandemic?
3) What do you think about post COVID-19 business environment; will there be changes in spending capacity of your client?
4) What do you think about International travel for destination wedding or MICE? Do you think that your client will consider international travel after this pandemic?
5) According to you which destination would be the first one to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic?
6) Due to the pandemic, the situation / position of different airline carriers across the world might change. Do you think this will affect Destination Wedding / MICE Industry business?
7) According to you, which airline carriers will be able to sustain / survive from this pandemic?
8) Once the pandemic is over and assume everything is back to normal, which booking plan/concept do you think will be the first choice of your clients?
9) Are you satisfied with the ongoing support plan (if any announcement) of your government?
10) What are you doing during these days of lockdown or no business situation due to the pandemic?
More COVID-19 related articles: