Reem Faisal is a Saudi fashion designer, based in Jeddah. Reem specializes in custom creating evening and bridal couture.
Reem shared her latest bridal tips and trends with Arabia Weddings:
You may opt for Couture:
• When you have access to a well reputed couturier. Make sure the designer / couturier has enough expertise in Bridal couture with a stronger focus on evening wear. Bridal wear is a specialty on its own.
• If you have a specific theme or storyboard for the entire wedding. A couture dress allows for custom created details that add to the beauty of the occasion and your look. You may custom create the shoes, veil, hair accessories and bouquet ornaments by the couturier to give you an aesthetically successful collaboration.
• If you have at least three months time before the wedding day.
• If you're individualistic and aspire to wear something specifically made for you.
You should opt for Ready to wear:
• If the wedding date is in less than a month.
• If you have a limited budget. Couture is generally pricier than ready-to-wear.
• If you have access to ample Bridal ready-to-wear brands and can easily find a gown that suits your needs.
• If you have the time, energy & patience to dedicate towards shopping and skimming through retail outlets.
Because my name is synonymous with Bridal wear. Bridal and evening couture are inter-related areas of artistry but not every designer is a bridal couturier. My 7 years in couture have been dedicated towards brides and their creations.
The Middle East is my launching pad, and I’m glad to have spread my wings to brides all over the Gulf.
My appeal is in the personal attention and extensiveness in the range of services I cover. My relationship with bridal clients doesn't merely revolve around the gown, but encompasses all the details of her look, comfort and convenience.
My team is trained to take on subordinate tasks related to the bridal look to fulfill the assurance of comfort and luxury. Part of my brands services include: Designing the bridal bouquet presentation, a demonstration of walk, posture and body language while adorning the gown, a team of seamstresses to be present at the venue on the wedding day to mend wardrobe malfunctions of guests and members of the bride’s family… etc. So my brand offers support services in addition to the bridal gown; this uniqueness sets me apart from others and is widely appreciated by my clients in the Gulf.
Conceptualizing creations for the different personalities I encounter; it’s like putting pieces of a puzzle together. I have to link fit, with form, body measurements, personality, fabric and so much more! Fashion is truly an art and science combined!