- Start a wedding folder - save any wedding images you like in order to get inspiration for the look and feel of your wedding. This is the perfect opportunity to use Pinterest and set up your own personal folder.
- Start to write down your guest list - this allows for a rough number of people who will attend to develop which will in turn help with your wedding budget.
- Reserve a date that works for you and decide on your venue - there are so many beautiful venues in Dubai to host your wedding; some of our favorite wedding locations/venues are:
- Four Seasons Hotel Jumeriah Dubai: A glamorous beachfront setting for Dubai wedding celebrations, Four Seasons Resort Dubai at Jumeirah Beach offers an exclusive wedding arrival area off the driveway that is ideal for welcoming guests. Host up to 360 guests in the impressive sun-lit Dana Ballroom, open to a beachfront lawn and terrace, or find the perfect venue for an intimate celebration. Four Seasons will help you custom-design an unforgettable occasion.
- Zaya Nuria Island – Abu Dhabi: Stemming from the Arabic word "Nur" meaning light, Nurai is an island of staggering beauty, of turquoise seas and white sands. It's a place filled with natural harmony appealing to all five senses. Beach wedding? Sounds about right! Flame torches, sand floors, and endless sea views. Nurai offers a unique selection of luxury event venues across the island for wedding ceremonies and renewal of vows. Only one-hour journey away from Dubai, our magical island gives you an opportunity to organize your dream wedding on the beach. Celebrate this special day with your beloved ones by your side. Contact our dedicated Events Team for the wedding of your dreams.
- Emirates Palace – Abu Dhabi: A lavishly imagined dream, Emirates Palace offers you a magical location to enjoy the quintessence of award-winning 5-star luxury hospitality and authentic local experiences. From 394 luxurious rooms and suites, to our award-winning culinary cuisine, Emirates Palace is the definition of an unrivaled and Arabian fantasy. Every wedding is uniquely special, but an Emirates Palace wedding is exceptional.Picture a breathtaking ballroom ornate with marble and gold, blending timeless architectural features with modern design, or 85 hectares of manicured gardens and elegant terraces offering the most glamorous venues for weddings in the UAE. We provide the best options for rooms and reception areas along with a flower shop on site to coordinate all of your floral needs and a talented culinary team ready to tantalize your guests’ taste buds. The possibilities for your special day are magically endless when you plan your wedding in Abu Dhabi.
- Address Montgomerie, Dubai: Offering an elegant venue for a bespoke event, the ballroom can accommodate up to 600 guests for a reception, 300 guests for a banquet and can be divided into three individual sections. Making the venue a spectacular location for a wedding that will remain as a memory for a lifetime. Customized menus crafted by our international chefs add the right creative culinary flourish to make your event memorable. Our highly trained banquet team complements the bespoke décor making your event unique and mesmerizing. You deserve nothing but the best as you exchange vows, and our team treats your occasion as their own, from welcoming your guests to planning your honeymoon stay.
- My Lovely Wedding – Wedding Planner and Stylist
Bianca Event Styling is a full-service event management company that provides complete planning, consulting, and styling for weddings, corporate and social events.
Rebecca Hobday is a professional photographer with over 10 years’ experience working in Dubai and the Middle East. She has photographed many different types and cultures of weddings – from intimate beach weddings with only the bride and groom – to large-scale weddings in the citadels of ancient cities. Her wedding style mixes reportage shots with some classic poses to really encapsulate the magic of the day.
- Rami Al Ali specializes in creating innovative designs through unique craftsmanship. Each collection is a true reflection of the brand’s DNA, showcasing a fusion of cultural aesthetics; subtly coordinating a blend of East meets West. Using only the finest materials, each design exhibits glamour, at its very best.
- The Bridal Showroom and the perfect shopping experience go together like hot chocolate and marshmallows, the perfect couple. With the dreamiest line up of timeless hand-picked gowns, personalized experience and an all-star bridal consultant team, we continue to be to be one of Dubai’s most loved bridal boutiques, 5 years and counting. Wedding designers include Madison James, Legends by Romana Keveza, Hayley Paige, Anne Barge, Sareh Nouvi, Theia, Soft bu Rosa Clara.
12. Hair and Make Up
Make a few appointments with local experts to try them out. Snap a photo at each so you can compare results.
- Rossano Ferretti - Villa 306 Jumeriah Beach Road – 04 3300073
- Blow Out and Go – The salon that comes to you @blowoutandgo 05 57891611
13. Wedding Rings
Vik Jethwani Fine Jewelry is a Dubai-based boutique jewelry house created by husband & wife duo Vikram & Natasha Jethwani. Specializing in bespoke and contemporary fine jewelry, their collections feature a wide range of diamond, pearl and semi-precious stone jewelry pieces which are suitable for everyday and for special occasions.
Vik Jethwani Fine Jewelry also offers an exclusive bespoke wedding service and can create engagement rings, wedding rings and any other special wedding pieces you may need.
14. Relax before the big day and book a spa treatment
Amara Spa – Park Hyatt Dubai
At Amara Spa, we customize your experience using ancient healing philosophies derived from the natural elements of sapphire, ruby, emerald, and diamond. These precious jewels, each with their own physical and spiritual benefits, combined with the finest products, Arabian teas, and authentic delicacies, ensure an unforgettable and personalized experience.
Amara Spa uses top quality brands such as Natura Bissé, an innovative leader in the development of high performance skincare products. We also use products by Anne Semonin, which uses unique serums and intensive complexes that are customized for each individual skin type to provide optimum results.
15. Honeymoon – this is so exciting as all you have to do is plan where to go and book it. A few of our favorite destinations:
A contemporary private boutique hotel evoking the traditional Sri Lankan Tropical Bawa style of architecture with a modern beach feel. Arabella on Boossa is located directly on the beach and offers a chlorinated swimming pool within the beautiful manicured gardens.
Submit to Bali’s purest embrace at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan: a 60-room sanctuary cocooned in the enchanting Ayung valley. Restore the subtle inner energies with yoga and meditation in the lotus petal Dharma Shanti Bale. Connect with nature and cross the Ayung River to explore the verdant surroundings. Savour the simplicity of rice planting with local farmers.
We have but one philosophy here. Leave your worries at home. This is a place of positive energy, and nothing is ever going to change that. So kick back, relax, and forget about everything but the gentle, warm breeze embracing you.
The incredible MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa is an Indian Ocean jewel located amongst the lush foliage and azure waters of Mahé island in the Seychelles. A private peninsula, with sweeping views over the Indian Ocean, MAIA is a BEYOND all-inclusive resort, ensuring that your time spent with us is a signature experience unlike any other you will find in the world.
16. Overseas Wedding
We highly recommended meeting May from The Wedding Haven. They focus on weddings in Dubai and worldwide. So far, they have organized weddings in the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Canada, U.S., Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, UAE, and Jordan.
Contributed by: Vintage Bloom