Browse through this section for ideas on honeymoon destinations from East to West. Find the top places to visit on your honeymoon, what to do and what to see.
After a hectic period of wedding planning, looking for wedding vendors, preparing your new home, you deserve one amazing break! This is why most couples can't wait to go on their honeymoon together immediately after the wedding.
One of the most fun tasks is planning for your honeymoon, and searching for those perfect honeymoon destinations you both decide on. Do some research with your fiance and choose between the endless options out there. There are so many honeymoon spots and honeymoon destinations to choose from which could be a bit daunting.
The first thing you should look for when planning your honeymoon is the best places to honeymoon according to your wedding date, for example, if you're planning your honeymoon during winter, then you should look for the best winter honeymoon destinations.
There are so many places for you to consider that are perfect for honeymoon vacations. Whether you are looking for unique honeymoon destinations or popular honeymoon destinations, we have created a section to help you choose the best honeymoon locations.
Some couples choose a European honeymoon destination, as Europe has the most beautiful countries in the world, where you can visit more than one city or country by train or car.
A honeymoon in Europe is considered to be one of the most romantic honeymoon destinations.
Other couples look for tropical honeymoon destinations or beach honeymoon destinations like a Maldives honeymoon. For the most romantic honeymoon destinations, check out some of the exotic honeymoon destinations mentioned here. We have made all the research for you to save you time and effort. If you still haven't decided on where to go for your honeymoon then you can definitely find some inspiration for yourself right here!
Here are 10 tips to help you plan the perfect honeymoon:
- Inform the airline: Let the airline that you are traveling on know that you are honeymooners. You may be surprised by a cake on board.
- Passport, Visas & Insurance: Check the validity of your passport (you need at least 6 months to expiry for most visas). Consider the visa requirements for the destination you are traveling to and apply well in advance. Some destinations require travel insurance and others require inoculations.
- Vouchers as an alternative gift list: The excellent alternative for a customary wedding gift! Some travel agents offer options for guests to buy you vouchers for your honeymoon, which you can either use for the booking itself or maybe use for the room, flight upgrades, meals, or excursions.
- Special honeymoon offers: Shop for special offers that add great value to your honeymoon and help make it feel extra special. You can enjoy such things as fruit and flowers in your room on arrival, candlelit dinners and room upgrades, or complimentary massages.
- Perfect timing: Book as early as possible to avoid disappointment. As soon as you have set your wedding date, start thinking about your options for the honeymoon; especially if you are getting married during a peak holiday season.
- Weather: Weather plays an important part in your decision-making as not all destinations have year-round good weather. If you are looking for a truly breathtaking once-in-a-lifetime honeymoon and have your heart set on a specific location, you may have to set your wedding around your honeymoon.
- Budget: Consider your budget when you are selecting your honeymoon destination. You don’t have to spend huge amounts to ensure you have an unforgettable honeymoon. Also, make sure you have enough spending money to enjoy the little luxuries that may come along.
- Match the honeymoon to suit you both: You need to know what you both want from the holiday to make the most of your time together. Is it a beach holiday, an action-packed holiday, a cultural site-seeing tour, or a combination of all the aforementioned? Discuss your likes with your travel agent.
- Pack appropriately: Consider the weather and type of activities that you will be doing on your honeymoon and pack accordingly. In general, the lighter you travel the better. Remember that you may be bringing back some souvenirs and a few gifts for family members!
- Have fun! It’s your honeymoon… so just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
It's important to note: Your honeymoon is the most unique trip you and your partner will have together. Hotels, airlines, and restaurants can offer up some congratulatory perks for honeymooners, so all you need to do is to let them know politely that you’re on your honeymoon. For Airlines, call a few days before your honeymoon, to mention that you're traveling for your honeymoon and to inquire as to whether any upgrades are available. For Hotels, if you give some advance notice you may get an upgrade, and you’ll probably have some surprises once you enter your room such as chocolates or roses. Don’t just stop at hotels and airlines, you can mention this everywhere you go on your honeymoons, such as restaurants, spas, and everything else. All you have to do is to mention to the person checking you in or greeting you that you’re on your honeymoon.