7 Easy Homemade Hair Masks
One of the most important things a bride takes care of before her wedding is her hair. Dry and damaged hair is never flattering, especially when you're a beautiful bride-to-be.
If you want healthy and voluminous hair before your wedding you need to take care of it a few months before the big day.
One way to make sure you have healthy and great hair is to make sure you eat certain foods, check out: Foods for Strong and Healthy Hair
Another way to have healthy hair is by treating it to natural hair masks, many women can't afford to spend a lot on salon hair treatments and masks, but what if we told you your hair can look and feel healthier than ever if you use some great masks prepared at home?
For more bridal beauty tips click here!
Here are hair masks that will make your hair look and feel great:
Henna Hair Mask
If you want to grow your hair in a healthy and quick way before your wedding or any other special event, then a home-made henna and egg mask is exactly what you need!
Henna and eggs are so rich in protein, so they have a great effect on your hair growth and strength.
*NOTE: This treatment can change the color of your hair, either a little or a lot depending on the current shade. You can do this treatment every month to keep your hair healthy.
- Natural henna powder (any color)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup of water
- Mix henna with the egg and water together until you've formed a paste, then let it stand for an hour.
- Add the lemon juice and mix it in until the mixture is smooth again.
- Apply the paste to your scalp and hair, from root to tips.
- Leave it in for about two hours, or until the mix is completely dry.
- Use lukewarm water and gently work the mixture out of your hair, then shampoo your hair.
Banana and Avocado Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
Banana is rich in natural oils, potassium carbohydrates, and vitamins that will soothe your scalp, hydrate your dry hair, decrease hair loss, and prevent your hair from breakage and split ends.
Avocado is rich in vitamins, copper, and potassium that will strengthen your hair from its roots. The rich and fatty acids will make your hair grow healthier and shinier!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A few drops of essential oils, such as lavender, rose, orange, or jasmine (to add a nice smell).
- Mash all of the ingredients in a bowl or better yet, use a blender.
- Apply the mask to hair, including the scalp if you want. Or you can just deep condition the ends.
- Put hair in a shower cap and let it sit for about 15 minutes, longer if you prefer.
- Rinse mask out in the shower.
Castor Oil and Coconut Oil Mask
- Add one spoon of castor oil and coconut oil to a bowl of boiling water and let it set until its warm.
- Massage the mixture in your hair and scalp and wrap your hair with a hot towel.
- Keep it wrapped for at least one hour then shampoo your hair.
- To get the best results, do this treatment twice a week.
- Note: Don't heat the mixture in the microwave.
Coconut Milk and Honey
- Add 3/4 cup of coconut milk into a bowl, and add 2 spoons of honey.
- Massage the mixture into your hair and scalp and leave it for 20-30 minutes, then shampoo it.
Coconut Milk, Honey, Olive Oil, and Avocado Mask
- Mix coconut milk with honey, olive oil, and some avocado.
- Massage the mixture in your hair and scalp and keep it for 3 hours, then shampoo your hair.
Olive Oil Hair Wrap
Olive oil can be used as deep conditioning for your hair; it gives it a shine, nourishes it, and hydrates dry scalps. Olive oil can also improve the strength and elasticity of your hair. So why not give your hair a break with this olive oil hair wrap?
What you should do:
- Warm the olive oil for a few minutes.
- Massage it on your scalp and comb it through, then wrap your hair with a warm wet towel.
- You can either leave it for an hour or even overnight, the longer the better.
DIY Rosemary Tonic Hair Rinse
What is a hair rinse? It is basically the product you use to coat your hair after shampooing. Conditioners are more familiar hair rinse. You will find many available products at supermarkets and pharmacies, but why pay for something that you can make at home.
Natural hair rinses can give luster and volume to your hair, so try this lovely rosemary tonic hair rinse at home.
Rosemary has so many benefits that can make your body and hair so healthy! It is great for reducing hair loss, promoting hair growth, cleansing, and nourishing the scalp. It also fights against premature graying and can gradually darken existing gray hair.
- Fresh Rosemary
- 150 ml Water
- Put the rosemary in water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for a while.
- Once it has cooled down, remove the rosemary from the water and place the water in a bottle.
- Store the mix in the fridge.
- Use it twice a week. Pour it over your hair after shampooing and conditioning it. Leave it in and dry your hair.