Whether you’re packing for your honeymoon, or a romantic getaway, these packing tips by the experts at Louis Vuitton will make you a packing pro:
- Place heavy objects on opposite handles.
- Respect the weight of your belongings: Don’t pack your heavy items on top of each other, instead remember this trick: Heavy-light-heavy.
- Shirts should always be folded.
- Put up the collars of the shirts.
- Roll up T-shirts and jeans.
- Button your jackets and coats before packing them.
- Place tissue paper inside the garments.
Tip: Check with your airline before you travel regarding the weight and dimensions of allowed suitcases to avoid any troubles at airports. Each airline has its own rules, but most airlines allow for a suitcase of no more than 23 kg for economy class travelers and a carry-on luggage of 7 kg. There are also restrictions on the size of the luggage. Weigh and check the dimensions of your luggage before you leave home.
Tip: Remember, to attach ID tags to your luggage with complete contact information to help if your bags go missing or misplaced.