Hana and Abdulraheem Al Alami know each other through their families. They fell in love and got married on November 22nd, 2013 at the Sheraton Hotel, Amman.
- Did you hire a wedding planner or planned the wedding yourself?
We planned everything ourselves with the help of our talented friend Siham Al Aref.
- What is the biggest advice you can give any bride-to-be?
Do whatever that is that you love; you shouldn’t do something just because it is trendy or fashionable. Another piece of advice is to keep calm because everything will go as planned.
- What was the theme or color scheme you picked for your wedding?
The colors were mainly gold, as we chose a Ferrero Rocher chocolate theme. There was only chocolate decorating the hall, we didn’t even have flowers.
- Do you recommend specific suppliers you worked with?
Babel Photography and Video.
DJ Raja for music and lighting, and the chairs as well.
We booked the Zaffeh through Al Baydar, and got our invitation cards from Al Alami.
We also managed to get Jordanian singer Hussein Al Salman to sing at our wedding.
As for the wedding accessories, vases, candles, car, the bouquet, the stairs and kosheh, we recommend Avila.
Tarek Musharbash did my makeup, and Alaa Asmar did my hair.
We booked our honeymoon through Travel One.
We got all the chocolate from Cozmo’s main branch.
"We chose a Ferrero Rocher chocolate theme,
as there was only chocolate decorating the hall, no flowers..."
- What was the most difficult and stressful part of wedding planning?
Decorating the hall and working on the centerpieces.
- Did you face any surprises?
No bad surprises, they were all pleasant.
- Do you consider yourself as a relaxed bride or more of a bridezilla?
I was a bridezilla for sure! But my groom was calmer than I was.
- Describe your wedding day and the planning process.
We had our dream wedding, the wedding we have dreamt of all our lives! We came up with so many different ideas, we followed our heart and not the trend. The guests were all happy which made us even happier. It was definitely a unique wedding.
The planning process was difficult and took a lot of time, especially that we had to buy and prepare everything ourselves.
I had final bar exams and couldn’t really concentrate on everything all at once, especially that one of the exams was going to take place 2 days after the wedding.
- Did Arabia Weddings help you in your wedding planning?
Yes, it definitely did!