Dalia Alusta met her husband in a Lebanese restaurant in Kabul, Afghanistan, and they fell in love. On their first valentine together, they survived an attack in the same restaurant they met in.
- When was the wedding held and where?
At the Dead Sea, Jordan on May 5, 2011.
- Did you hire a wedding planner or planned the wedding yourself?
My mom did everything as we managed to follow up from Kabul! We tailored my second wedding dress in India and got the first, white dress from Paris, where my parents in law live.
- What is the biggest advice you can give any bride-to-be?
Assign a wedding planner! It makes everything easier!
- What was the theme or color scheme you picked for your wedding?
Crystals! It looked like a snow castle.
"My hair was a disaster, and not what I had in mind at all!"
- Do you recommend specific suppliers you worked with?
I highly recommend Photographer Abu Taleb. He is the best!
- What was the most difficult and stressful part of wedding planning?
Hair and makeup! My hair was a disaster, and not what I had in mind at all! And I really didn’t like the makeup either. So I had to do my hair and makeup all over again, myself, an hour before the wedding!
- Did you face any surprises?
It was raining at the Dead Sea! And while we were taking pictures! But I guess that gave a romantic touch to the pictures.
"Assign a wedding planner! It makes everything easier!"
- Do you consider yourself as a relaxed bride or more of a bridezilla?
I’m a mixture of both relaxed and crazy!
- Describe your wedding day and the planning process.
After being married for 2 years, we still hear compliments about our wedding! We enjoyed it so much we wish we could attend a wedding like ours!