Raneem met Osama through common friends, and they got married on December 26th, 2013 at the Regency Hotel Amman, Jordan.
Here is what Raneem had to say about her wedding planning process:
- Did you hire a wedding planner or planned the wedding yourself?
No we did not hire a wedding planner; we planned the wedding completely on our own.
- What is the biggest advice you can give any bride or groom-to-be?
Be relaxed and take things easy, everything will go well. Also, for the bride-to-be, try to hold your tears of joy as they will ruin your make up.
"Our wedding day was on the second day of Christmas...
So we decided to go with a Christmas theme..."
- What was the theme or color scheme you picked for your wedding?
Our wedding day was on the second day of Christmas, so we decided to go with a Christmas theme, so the main colors were white and red.
- Do you recommend specific suppliers you worked with?
Yes! Utopia Studio made it an amazing experience for us, especially during our pre wedding photo shoots. They were very professional and they did a great job ,the photos were amazing, and everyone loved them when they were displayed during the reception.
- What was the most difficult and stressful part of wedding planning?
The most difficult and time consuming part was the card selection and distribution.
- Did you face any surprises?
The snow storm! It took place a week before our wedding and it prevented us from distributing the cards and finishing all the major things we had to do. So we struggled a bit with time but we were able to get everything done before the big day.
- Do you consider yourself as a relaxed bride or more of a bridezilla?
I think I was in between the two, not a complete bridezilla but I also was kind of stressed.
"The snow storm! It took place a week before our wedding..."
- Describe your wedding day and the planning process.
Our wedding day was a day to remember. All our family and friends gathered from all different countries to attend this day. I have friends and relatives who came from Canada, Dubai, Lebanon and Saudi Arabia. I was so excited and a bit nervous, but it passed very quickly, it was really the most beautiful day of my life, it was like a dream!
- Did Arabia Weddings help you in your wedding planning?
Well somehow yes, while preparing for our wedding I always browsed the website and looked for new ideas and I have read some articles which helped me out a lot.