Tatyana Aceeva is a leading Jordan-based fashion designer with a passion for art and style. This half-Iraqi, half-Russian designer who has long enjoyed painting, began producing her line of haute couture evening and cocktail dresses.
She formally opened her first boutique in Sweifieh, Amman, in 2009. Following the success of her line, she has launched her collection at STRADA, Jordan’s top high end fashion boutique in October 2010.
- How do you best describe your designs?
My designs are very feminine and classical, and I believe they are timeless, that is my signature; I love to make women look beautiful and seductive.
- How long does it usually take you to work on a piece and come up with the ideas?
It really depends on the dress, some designs might take two days some might take weeks to be perfected.
- As a fashion designer, would you consider creating a line exclusively for brides?
Absolutely! I love Bridal Wear and I love to design it; it’s always something that makes me go to a dream world of love and fairytales.
- Can a bride collaborate with you to design her own wedding dress? Or maybe even engagement dress?
Yes, of course, I frequently work with my clients to create something unique for their special day, whether it’s their engagement day or wedding day.
"Don’t let the dress wear you, don’t over accessorize"
- What are your latest favorite trends?
I love that Lace and Dantelle are back!
- Any bridal trends that you personally like?
I am very much in love with the vintage bridal look, also it’s a big trend now to have wedding dresses with sleeves.
- Who are some of your favorite designer?
Valentino, Reem Acra, Carolina Herrera and Oscar de La Renta.
- What advice can you give the bride-to-be when choosing a wedding dress?
Don’t let the dress wear you, don’t over accessorize, go for something that represents you and your style, simple silhouettes are the most flattering.