After months of wedding planning and preparations, you are both probably exhausted and need a sweet break! Planning your honeymoon with your partner can be really exciting, and every couple wants their honeymoon to be memorable, fun, and special.
To make sure your honeymoon goes well, make sure you follow the amazing tips we have for you.
Arabia Weddings is always sharing some amazing tips and ideas to help your plan your honeymoon and choose the perfect honeymoon destination.
Many couples think of what to do on their honeymoon, so to make sure you have the honeymoon you have always dreamt of, we have some helpful tips for you to follow.
Things to Do Before You Leave on Your Honeymoon
Once the wedding is over and all the wedding planning is done, you will feel so happy to finally enjoy some alone time together and start your dream honeymoon.
Here are a few things every couple should do before going on their honeymoon:
- Set Your Budget: Although it is the least fun part about traveling, you have to get it done in order to enjoy the rest of the trip carefree.
- Consider The Season: Make sure you research the weather conditions of your destination during the season you will be visiting. Consider booking during the “Shoulder Season”, which are the few months between high season and low season, when the rates are a bit less, but the weather is still pretty good in your destination.
- Check Out The Pools and Beaches: Research the pool at your hotel and nearby beaches before booking your room.
- It’s Ok To Have Some Me Time: Your spouse wants to go for a swim while you want to get a massage? Then do it! You don’t have to spend all 24 hours together, a few hours apart will help you refresh and have something to tell your partner about.
- Let The World Know: Tell everyone and we mean EVERYONE that you’re on your honeymoon! You will get free favors, giveaways, better tables, and maybe even upgrades.
- Get Your Ticket For Less: Book your trip midweek to get a cheaper price, usually, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the cheapest days of the week for airlines.
- Watch the Sunset and Sunrise: Make sure you watch the sunset and sunrise at least once together on your honeymoon. It’s quite romantic!
- Ask Strangers to Take Your Pictures: We know you love that selfie stick you bought for your honeymoon, but don’t be shy to ask strangers to take your pictures as well.
Mistakes to Avoid on Your Honeymoon
- Late Planning: Don’t start planning your honeymoon late; couples often get caught up in wedding planning that they forget all about honeymoon planning. It is never too early to start planning. You will also save some money if you book your flights and hotel ahead of time. Also, don’t forget to apply for your visa if you need one!
- Plan Together: Don’t leave the honeymoon for your partner to plan, or plan it on your own either. Remember, your honeymoon is something both of you should enjoy together, so no one feels left out or bored.
- Book a Later Flight: Some couples travel right after their weddings, but if you plan on leaving the next day of your wedding, book your flight in the evening, or the day after, as both of you will be extremely tired to travel.
- Set a Honeymoon Budget: Couples who don’t set a budget for their honeymoon usually tend to overspend and argue over money issues during their honeymoon, so make sure to discuss this with your partner.
- Be Apart: This might sound weird but you don’t have to stay stuck to each other all day and night if your husband wants to go scuba diving, while you feel like tanning and reading a book then do so.
- Pack Smart: Not knowing how and what to pack can turn your honeymoon into a nightmare.
How to Plan a Successful and Safe Honeymoon
- Learn about the customs and traditions: Respect the country and honeymoon destination you are visiting and read about their customs and traditions.
- Luggage Label: Add a label to your luggage with your name, number, and the hotel you are staying in.
- Double Duty Clothes: Don’t go overboard when packing; pack practical things you can wear in different ways.
- Identity and Money: Separate your important papers and identity cards from your money. If your purse or wallet is stolen you will still have the important papers.
- Take Your Vaccinations: Some destinations require certain vaccines or treatments so make sure not to overlook this.
Ideas for Your Honeymoon
- Upgrade: Although you're staying at your hotel for a short period of time, consider upgrading your room, as every moment of your mini-moon counts, so why spend it in a normal hotel room?
- Unique Experiences: A short honeymoon doesn't mean you can't have unique experiences and enjoy different activities. Make the most out of your stay and book in advance activities that you would like to try out or places you would like to visit. The more unique the activities you do and the places you visit are, the more unique your mini-moon will be.
- Choose The Right Destination: If you're planning your mini-moon, then make sure you choose a destination near you to cut down on the time you spend flying to your destination.