If you think that wedding checklist are only for brides, you are completely wrong.
Now that grooms are getting more involved in wedding planning, they need a checklist too!
Here is your 12-month countdown checklist:
9 - 12 Months Before:
- Assign a budget for the wedding with estimates of expenses for each category.
- Location: Start looking for your wedding venue and set a state for the wedding.
- The DJ and Wedding Planner (if needed): Decide with your bride on which DJ and wedding planner you want for your wedding and book them.
6 Months Before:
- The Honeymoon: Start planning your honeymoon budget and destinations.
- Guest List: Start writing down a list of your friends and colleagues who you want to invite to your big day.
- Transportation: Look for and book your wedding car.
3 Months Before:
- Finalize the Guest List.
- Gift Registry: Have fun with your bride and start picking the items you want to get as gifts.
- Apply for a visa for a honeymoon destination and make sure your passports are valid till then.
- Pick Your Suit: It’s time to pick your suit or tux, your cufflinks, shoes, and accessories.
- Doctor’s Appointment: Make sure you and your bride go through a health checkup and blood tests assigned by your doctor.
8 Weeks Before:
- Visit the Dentist: Make sure you have a great smile on your wedding day, pay a visit to your dentist for cleaning and whitening.
- A Wedding Gift: Buy your bride a wedding gift, whether it’s expensive or sentimental she will love it.
2 Weeks Before:
- Go on a Date: You and your bride were busy with the wedding planning all year, it's time you take a break and enjoy each other’s company, remind each other why you are getting married.
- Make accommodation arrangements for your wedding night.
- Your Bachelor Party: It’s time you and your guy friends enjoy the last few days before you get married.
1 Week Before:
- Finalize all payments: Make sure to have all down payments paid and all other payments ready by the due date.
- Packing: Finish your last-minute packing for your new house and your honeymoon suitcase.
- Double-check: and we mean double check on everything! The honeymoon reservations, the venue, the wedding planner, caterer, DJ, your gift registry, and all the details.
- Make arrangements on who is going to accompany you to the bride's house.
- Get a haircut.
1 Day Before:
- Impress Her: Your bride is probably more nervous than you are, so make her feel better by leaving her a love note or flowers to remind her how much you love her.
- Exchange currency to your honeymoon.
The day of:
- Have a healthy filling breakfast.
- Pack your bag for the overnight stay.
- Don't forget your passport, ticket and mobile charger.