Wedding guest books are great to keep as a memory and help you remember who came to your wedding. Your guestbook shouldn't be dull or conventional. It should be personal and show your personality.
The wedding guest book is one of the things that you can be creative with and personalize it in your own way, not to mention you get to keep it forever and use it as a decoration in your house.
Sometimes your wedding guests feel pressured to leave long notes so you end up with lots of spaces and blank pages on your guest book, so forget the traditional wedding guest book and try to think outside the box, try to match the guest book to your wedding theme.
Take a look at these ideas for wedding guest books we have for you.
DIY Wedding Guest Book
Don't buy an ordinary guest book for an exciting event such as your wedding! Have some fun with it!
If you're ready to get crafty and creative, here is a step-by-step for you to make your very own guestbook:
1. Buy a simple blank book. You can find them at any stationery store. And don’t worry about the design on the cover, you will be changing it yourself later.
2. You will also need:
- Double-sided tape
- Decorative paper or fabric
- Craft glue or glue gun
- Embellishments: beads, flowers, labels, jewels, glitter! Whatever your heart desires.
- Stencil, marker or paint
3. Don't confuse yourself! Design and decorate your guestbook according to your wedding theme and colors.
4. Select the paper or fabric that you want to use as a cover. Cut it evenly with the height and about 1 and a half centimeters bigger than the width of the book. Wrap it just like you used to wrap your textbooks at school! Seal the cover with double-sided tape.
5. Personalize your guestbook. Here comes the fun part! Use craft glue or a glue gun to stick the pretty embellishments you picked out! You can add glitter, wrap your book with a ribbon, put your initials or pictures on it; you can even add a poem nicely written.
Now you're done with your guestbook, make sure all your guests sign it.
You don't have to place it on a stand as some guests might not pay attention to it, so ask a friend to circulate the book and ask people to write their wishes, advice, and funny comments!
A dictionary where your guests can circle or color the feelings they have for you and the way they felt at your wedding.
The Bucket List
“The Bride and Groom Bucket List”, is an easy wedding guest idea and very useful as well.
All you need to do is set straightforward instructions, cards or a notebook, and pens!
How does it work? Let your guests give you and your husband “bucket list” ideas, which are things for the two of you to do during your marriage! How cool is that? You’ll never get bored or run out of fun ideas to do on vacations and special occasions.
On days you can’t decide what to do, go through the “bucket list” and pick something one of your guests recommended.
Do you know what else would be really cool? Each time you do an activity on the bucket list, send a picture of the two of you doing the activity to the person who suggested it and put a smile on their face.
A tree where guests write their wishes for the bride and groom's life together and hang them to a decorated tree.
Have a bowl placed alongside some cards or paper cutouts and let your guests write their advice to a successful marriage, put them in the bowl, so you can, later on, read with your husband.
Coffee Table Guest Book
This is mainly the classic guest book makeover, have your photographer create a coffee table book with all your pictures with your fiancé, you can even have a fun photoshoot with different themes and ideas, let your guests write their wishes inside the book.