Every bride dreams of looking absolutely her best on her wedding day, this is why most brides start going on different diets and doing some extra exercise to show off their fabulous figure in that stunning wedding dress.
Remember to stay away from crash diets, a crash diet before your wedding might help you lose weight and fit into your wedding dress, but it will also leave your skin, hair, and nails fragile and dull due to lack of nutrients. Not to mention how a crash diet could really ruin your mood and make you very short-tempered.
This is why we are here to help you lose weight in a healthy and easy way!
Follow these easy steps and you will see the results you want.
The Basic Rules
- Always eat breakfast. Eat within 60 minutes of getting up for maximum energy-boosting benefits.
- On average, aim for 1700 calories a day. This is the ideal amount but avoid eating empty calories with no nutritional value.
- Eat a small amount of protein with every meal as it leaves you feeling fuller for longer. Try fish, lean chicken, skimmed milk, eggs, nuts, and seeds.
- Eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables every day. Choose dark-green, leafy vegetables – high in fiber, it’s a natural source of iodine, which helps to boost your metabolism. When it comes to fruit choose grapefruit, plums, and pears.
- Don’t add sugar or salt to your food. Sugar is high in empty calories and salt encourages bloating and water retention.
- Introduce plenty of fiber into your diet. This is good for digestive health. Whole grains and high-fiber foods also take longer to digest, burning more calories in the process. Go for brown bread, pasta, and rice.
- Timing is everything. Aim to eat every three to four hours to keep your metabolism stoked up throughout the day. Eat no later than 8 pm or at least three hours before bed and 30-45 minutes after your workout.
- Avocados are high in healthy monounsaturated fats; they help you get plump, youthful-looking skin. Aim to eat a couple per week.
- Brazilian nuts work wonders for hair, skin, and nails. Have two or three days.
- Pomegranates are high in vitamin C and rich in antioxidants, these help improve skin tone, texture, and clarity. Drink a glass of juice a day.
- Carrots are high in vitamin C and beta-carotene, carrots naturally help protect against the sun’s harmful rays.
- Grapes contain 20 antioxidants, black and red grapes help prevent wrinkles and protect against thread veins and skin sagging. Have a small bunch each day.
Altering your routine to up your daily activity is a simple and effective way of burning more calories without having to hit the gym.
- Tone your hips and lift your bottom by performing pliés morning and night while you brush your teeth. Two minutes twice a day will make all the difference to your derrière.
- If you take public transport to work, get off one stop earlier, and walk the remaining distance. As you get fitter, get off sooner, increasing your morning walk.
- Use half your lunch-break for a brisk walk – just 10 to 15 minutes will make a big difference to your fitness levels and improve your circulation, helping to get rid of cellulite.
Here’s how to maximize your metabolic output with a little time management:
- Exercising 3 hours before or after 6 pm is best for both endurance and building muscle mass.
- Exercising at the end of the day can also help regulate how this time of day can help aid weight loss.
- Post-work workouts can also help lower high-stress levels, a common factor in weight gain.
- If you don’t work out regularly, you won’t get the maximum health benefits from exercising. As a rough guideline, aim for at least 20 continuous minutes of aerobic exercise, three to four times a week.