Mauritius, a sparkling crystal in the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, will fascinate you. The contrast of colors, cultures, and tastes makes the island so charming that the scene is set for an unforgettable honeymoon or holiday. Beautiful Mauritius is a multi-cultural island in the Indian Ocean, east of Madagascar, northeast of Reunion, and southeast of Seychelles. There are so many wonderful things to do in Mauritius!
Visit Port Louis which is the capital of Mauritius, where you can see beautiful famous landmarks such as Aapravasi Ghat, Caudan Waterfront, The Stamp Museum, Champs de Mars, and many other places to see while on your honeymoon in Mauritius.
Mauritius is among the top locations for honeymoons in the world, thanks to its stunning scenery, warm tropical climate, and the friendly hospitality of its Mauritian people. The best time to visit Mauritius is from May to December. When the weather is warm and sunny and mostly dry, and you will enjoy more fun things to do in Mauritius.
A Mauritius honeymoon marks a unique beginning to married life with your true love; your honeymoon in Mauritius will be truly magical and memorable. Expect some of the most amazing beaches you have ever seen in your life, you will spend hours and hours walking on the beaches, swimming in the crystal waters, and you will have so much fun doing many water activities.
When you book your trip to Mauritius make sure to mention that you are honeymooners, you may receive a discount on hotel rooms, and get extra services like free spa and beauty treatments, fruit baskets in your room, a private candle-lit dinner on the beach.
Things to Do in Mauritius
There are many romantic places to visit and things to do in Mauritius while on your honeymoon. Enjoy private beach dinners, couple's massages, and so much more. Make sure to have:
- Romantic walks on the beaches
- Private candle-lit dinners on the beach
- Adventurous climbs across rugged mountains, if you are teh adventourous type
- A luxury honeymoon massage at one of the many splendid spas on the islands
Port Louis, Capital City of Mauritius
Buzzing with activity during the day, the city is full of cultural and historical treasures that should not be missed. Beyond the central market, which is a focal point for those who want to feel close to the soul of Mauritius, are many historic sites including the Champ de Mars, the oldest race course in the southern hemisphere.
What to see in Port Louis:
- La Place D’Armes: The main square connecting the seafront to Government House.
- Statue of Mahe de la Bourdonnais: Situated at the entrance of the Place d'Armes.
- The Government House: A splendid building that was recently renovated and is the official address of the Parliament of Mauritius.
- Port Louis Theatre: Decorated in a classic London theatre style, it can accommodate around 600 spectators.
- Fort Adelaide (Citadel of Port Louis): Located on a hill overlooking the city and harbor with stunning views of the island.
- Aapravasi Ghat: A World Heritage site by UNESCO, it’s where the immigrants first landed.
- Natural History Museum: It currently conserves 35,000 specimens displayed in 4 permanent galleries.
- Marie Reine de la Paix Church: If you are ready to climb the 82 steps to reach the monument, the view of the city and of the sea from the Church grounds is stunning. The gardens surrounding the church are beautifully maintained and are a great spot for picnics and a place to relax away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- China Town: A trip to Chinatown will immerse you in the rich commercial life of the Chinese community. There are plenty of genuine Chinese restaurants and busy grocery stores stocking Chinese delicacies.
- Plaine Verte: The main square of Plaine Verte is loved by tourists. Try the Mauritian “gato piman” and other Indian cakes on offer.
Some 560 kilometers north-east of Mauritius lies Rodrigues: the jewel in the crown of the Mascarene Islands, an 18 kilometer x 8 kilometer pearl surrounded by a crystalline blue lagoon twice its size.
Rodrigues is a wonderful island for water activities; scuba diving, windsurfing, kite-surfing, sailing and fishing.
It isn’t only those who like the ocean that will be swayed by Rodrigues’ charms. Nature on Rodrigues throbs with a palette of colors, rarely will visitors encounter such a variety of landscapes in such a small area.
Mauritius is one of the most romantic places on earth, and the hotels in Mauritius sure help set the tone, with their relaxing atmosphere and beautiful beaches.
Mauritius hotels and resorts are located on miles and miles of beautiful white sand beaches and lush forests.
Hotels in Mauritius are some of the best luxury hotels in the Indian Ocean. If you're staying at one of the best hotels in Mauritius, then expect to enjoy private pools, and gourmet restaurants, as well as, the best spa services.
Some of the best hotels in the beautiful Mauritius include, Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel, La Pirogue Mauritius Resort & Spa, and Oberoi Mauritius.
There are plenty of other options to select from including Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, The St Regis Mauritius Resort and more.
Click here to read: The Top Mauritius Hotels and Resorts.