Contrary to common belief, it is the small details that make a wedding stand out. Especially if you're having a destination wedding!
Yes, having delicious food and great music is crucial, but they are not uncommon, and as such will not make your wedding stand out from the crowd. It is the most important day in your life, so take it personally – because when you get right down to it, your wedding should reflect your personal style.
Here are 10 ways that are sure your wedding leaves a lasting impression with your guests:
- Create a wedding website or ‘wedsite’. Not only is this a great way to keep your friends and family informed about your special day. It’s also a great way to set the tone for your wedding.
- When sending out your wedding invitations and save-the-dates, why not design your own postage stamp? At The Wedding Haven we can customize stamps with your colors, fonts, monogram, and so forth, so that even your postage will be one of a kind.
- Create a unique #hashtag just for your wedding day so that all your social media addicted friends and family members can easily share photos of your special day.
- Involve your friends and make use of their talents! So instead of hiring a stranger to MC your reception, why not ask a friend? This adds a unique and personal touch to your day, and creates unforgettable memories.
- Instead of a traditional guest book, you could leave a card and pen at everyone’s place setting, with each one having a different sentence to complete such as, love is…, your advice for the couple…, tips for a long and happy marriage.
- If you are having an outdoor summer wedding, use fruit instead of flowers to decorate your wedding tables. Vases filled with cherries, raspberries or apples make a fantastic display.
- Why wait until Spring or Summer to have your wedding? Consider making yours a winter wedding. Not only will you save money across a lot of areas, but you're more likely to get snow or rain which create breathtaking photos.
- Do you have a favorite late snack? Serve it at midnight when people are bound to get hungry from all the partying.
- Sew a message into the inside of your fiancé’s tie or jacket. He won't see it till he's getting ready, and it'll be a lovely way to get a message to him before you walk down the aisle.
Photography: Olive Photography Toronto
- Try to be clever with the décor and centerpieces that you choose. Don’t follow a trend – make it. Are you a fan of ornaments but your wedding is in June? You can still use them designing a ceiling with hanging ornaments instead of hanging flowers. The options are endless!
The Wedding Haven - The Wedding Haven specializes in planning one of a kind destination weddings.