The beautiful Zell am See is the administrative capital of the Zell am See District in the Austrian state of Salzburg.
The town of Zell am See is an important tourist destination known as Zell am See-Kaprun and is a transportation hub for the region.
Since 1961 Zell am See is a climatic health resort. The city is known for its beautiful nature, its glacier, mountain, and lake with drinkable water.
Zell am See is known for its Schmittenhöhe mountain. Trails and lifts lead to the ski slopes of Schmittenhöhe mountain.
Zell am See is a beautiful place to walk around in if you are not skiing, the town is on a mini peninsula that ends on a beautiful alpine lake.
As for the resots and hotels in Zell am See, you will find a wide range of hotels with different price ranges to suit everyone.
Zell am See Acitivities
- Skiing on the Schmittenhöhe and Kitzsteinhorn.
- Zell am See also offers great hiking and cycling tours. Zell am See’s mountain, Schmittenhohe, becomes a hiker’s paradise in summer.
- You can enjoy canyoning, swimming, sledding, and paragliding.
- If you like golf then the 36 hole championship golf course is a must visit, it is part of the "Leading Golf Courses Austria".
- Visit Lake Zell, one of the warmest lakes in Europe as it is fed by an underground spring. Lake Zell is a great place for summer activities.
Zell am See Festivals
You can attend many festivals as well, from July to August you can attend the Zell summer night festival.
The Zell summer festival features great artists, musicians and culinary treats.
From June till mid of September, don't miss out on the Magic Lake Show a water-light-music an laser show which takes place in the Elisabeth park.
During mid of August the Earl of Pearl in the lake of Zell am See takes place. It is Austria's greatest single swim event.
Zell am See Hotels and Resorts
Zell am See is considered to be a resort town, with so many hotels and resorts with fabulous views and spa treatments.
You can stay at some of the most beautiful hotels in Zell am See such as:
Hotel Tirolerhof, Hotel Alpenblick, Hotel Salzburgerhof, Hotel Neue Post, Romantik Hotel Zell am See, and Hotel Berner Zell am See, and many others.
Zell am See Town
The town of Zell am See is a traditional Austrian village, and the old town (Alt Stadt) is traffic free.
Enjoy the small cafes and restaurants with the view of Zell am See’s oldest building, the Kasternerturm. Built before the year 1000, the tower now houses the town’s museum. You may also visit the St. Hypolith’s Church, dating back to the 11th Century.