One of the main details of your makeup as a bride is your lips. Your lips can make your makeup stand out; the more luscious they are, the more beautiful your overall makeup will look.
Some women have naturally darker lips than others and try to lighten their color with lipstick. And sometimes, lips have dark pigmentation and look a bit darker than they should. And that is very normal due to our day to day habits.
So before you choose your lipstick color and apply your makeup, you should make sure your lips are healthy and ready.
So here are a few tips to follow to ensure gorgeous lips on the big day!
Exfoliate your lips by using a lip scrub which can be purchased at beauty stores or just use a soft toothbrush and gently scrub with it instead.
Moisturize your lips regularly, apply natural lip balm or petroleum jelly on your lips at least 3 times a day, and before going to bed. Shea butter is great as well.
Keep it Natural
Lipstick is one of the main reasons behind dark lips, continuous use of lipstick for long hours will make your lips darker with time. So use lipstick only on special occasions and use lip balms instead of your daily look.
Nicotine and caffeine stain your teeth and darken your lips, if you are a smoker think about quitting, and try to lower your coffee and tea intake.
- Almond oil is rich in vitamin E which is great for pigmentation. Rub some almond oil on your lips and leave it for an hour. If you do this daily, you will notice the difference in a few weeks.
- Like your skin, your lips can get damaged from the sun. Many lip products and lip balms have SPF in them, so make sure you use them daily.
- Apply some lemon juice to your lips on a daily basis and you will see your lips getting lighter each day.
- If you have thin lips use a lip plumping product. Applying lip liner also helps give your lips a fuller look. And remember, the lighter your lipstick is the fuller your lips will look, so try picking a nice pastel color that suits your complexion. Click here for more tips on choosing your lipstick color!
- Before applying your lipstick, use a concealer around your lip and dab a bit on your mouth, this will help the lipstick color last longer.
- Your wedding day is as glamorous of an occasion as it gets, so try adding a little gloss over your lipstick just to give it a more dazzling look. Be careful with lip gloss on a windy day though, especially if you’re letting your hair or bangs down.