Now that spring is here every bride-to-be should take the chance to eat healthier food to feel and look better.
Luckily spring brings so many tasty fruits and vegetables that are great for our bodies.
The Huffington Post asked some of their favorite nutrition experts to share their views on which of the spring produce they're most excited to dig their teeth into.
Here is a list of 6 spring superfoods you should be indulging in:
- Asparagus: Half a cup contains 20 calories, 2 grams of fiber, 2 grams protein and is a very good source of vitamins A, C, E, K and potassium.
- Arugula: Two cups contain just 10 calories, and arugula is also a very good source of vitamins A, C and K, calcium, potassium and iron.
- Artichoke: One medium artichoke contains 64 calories, 10 grams of fiber and three grams of protein. Artichoke is also a very good source of vitamins C and K and folate.
- Fennel: Just an ounce of the bulb in your salads adds a gram of fiber for only nine calories. Fennel bulb is also a very good source of vitamin C, folate and potassium.
- Strawberries: One serving contains 47 calories, 3 grams of fiber and 7 grams of sugar. Strawberries are also a very good source of vitamin C and manganese.
- Leeks: A relative of onions and garlic, leeks contain just 38 calories. They are also a very good source of vitamins A, C and K.