As a bride-to-be, you want to always look your best, and the key to having a great look is great hair.
Hair loss happens for different reasons, whether its hormonal imbalance or lack of nutrients, there are some ways you can control hair loss and have thick shiny hair.
Hair loss is one of the most common problems among women, and it is considered one of the biggest nightmares and fears of women.
As a bride, you will want to look your best suit on your wedding day! We all know that healthy and thick hair is an essential and important part of a perfect bridal look.
So we will share the most important causes of hair loss, and the most important advice to get the best treatment for hair loss:
Warm Oil Massage: Warm oil massage will activate the blood circulation and nurture your scalp. Olive oil, almond oil, and coconut oil are great for your hair. So try leaving the oil for one hour after massaging your scalp, and wash your hair with shampoo afterward.
Embrace Antioxidants: Antioxidants such as green tea, amla, lemon, and garlic, strengthen the hair, and promotes its growth.
Relax and Meditate: Stress can be a reason for hair loss, so try and take some time to relax and meditate every day.
The Top Reasons For Hair Loss
- One of the main reasons for hair loss is the high intake of Vitamin A.
- Blood pressure medications.
- Thyroid abnormality.
- Many skin conditions such as psoriasis.
- Aging and associated diseases such as diabetes.
- The psychological state such as fatigue, stress, and anxiety.
- Disruption in the balance of hormones.
- Lack of protein, vitamins, and minerals.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Lack of Vitamin B especially B5 and B3, biotin, inositol, folic acid, magnesium, sulfur, and zinc.
- Medical reasons like alopecia, and fungi.
- Excessive use of chemical dyes, and chemical treatments.
- Using a bad hairbrush.
- Blow dryers and flat irons can damage your hair and cause hair loss.
- Towel drying, and hair updos that are too tight.
- The nature of water, particularly limestone water and salty water.
- Climatic conditions such as heat, humidity and environmental pollution.
Foods That Help Strengthen Your Hair
To have healthy hair, a good diet is essential to provide hair with all the needed nutrients, and here are some of the most beneficial foods to strengthen hair.
- Meat and chicken: Rich in Proteins that provides the hair with the amino acids necessary for the germination of hair, as Protein deficiency in one's diet may lead to hair loss.
- Spinach: Rich with the Biotin Vitamin that is beneficial for the hair, especially in relation to the grease excreted by the skin and the scalp. In the case of Biotin deficiency, the person suffers from split ends and hair loss.
- Carrots: Rich in Beta - Carotene which the body converts into vitamin A, which is very important for the sight and the hair.
- Whole grains: Provides the hair with the B group vitamins, that are essential for securing healthy hair, fighting grey hair, and restoring its natural color. Moreover, these vitamins are important to regulate the secretion of the oily substance to maintain the hair moisture. Plus, whole grains contain some very important elements such as Zink and Iron.
- Dark green-leaved vegetables like lettuce, mallow, and Watercress, which are rich in vitamins and minerals that contribute to the production of the oily substance Sebum that is originally produced by the hair follicles. This substance is essential to secure the moisture of the hair and protect it from exposure to drought and embrittlement.
- Flaxseed and fish, especially Salmon, Oysters, and Sardines, are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, and their non-existence may lead to dry scalp and weak hair that misses vitality and freshness.
- Eggs contain high-quality proteins that are rich in all the basic and non-basic amino acids.
- Walnuts and nuts are rich in proteins and fatty acids that give the hair its strong structure during the formation process; it also contributes to giving the hair flexibility and softness. Nuts also provide the hair with the basic elements like Selenium and Zinc, which their deficiency may cause dryness of the scalp and hair loss.
- Legumes: Like Lentils, beans and chickpeas provide the hair with big amounts of proteins, iron, and zinc.
- Liver: One of the richest foods with Iron that is essential to prevent hair loss.
- Low-fat dairy products: A very good source for Calcium, Protein, and Vitamins that are important for growth.
- Avocado: Contains Vitamin E and unsaturated fat, necessary for healthy hair growth.
- Berries: Has the antioxidants that stimulate hair growth and provides us with a healthy scalp.
The Best Hair Care Tips
Here are some of the most important nutritional tips and guidance for hair care:
- It’s really important to wash your hair with clean and pure water and free from any deposits that might be harmful.
- Do not shampoo your hair daily, instead of do it two or three times a week. Making sure you rub the scalp through a light massage movement to activate the capillary blood vessels in the scalp.
- Hair must be combed with an appropriate hair brush depending on the volume of the hair, and it’s advised to use a non-wooden-tipped hairbrush.
- Reduce the use of the hairdryer as much as possible, as well as hair dyes and chemicals, as they have a bad effect on the hair follicles.
- Eat a balanced healthy diet rich in all the basic elements that the body needs.
- Stay away from smoking and drinks rich in Caffeine like tea and coffee as much as possible.
- Avoid staying up late, stress, tension, and nervousness.
- Focus on including vitamins and minerals in your diet, especially vitamin B12-B5-A- Iron-Zinc- Selenium and omega 3, as they play a big role in the prevention of hair loss and promoting growth.
- Do not follow a harsh diet to lose weight quickly, as that leads to a deficiency in the basic and essential minerals that are important for hair and body growth, as malnutrition leads to hair loss.
- Working out regularly stimulate blood flow to different parts of the body including hair, and this nutrient-rich blood nourishes the hair follicles and promotes healthy hair growth.