So you are engaged and started looking for a wedding dress in Dubai, lucky you! There are several great bridal shops in Dubai selling designer wedding gowns and tailor-made wedding dresses. There are also some very talented wedding dress designers if you wish to order an haute couture wedding gown in Dubai.
Some brides face challenges when they are looking for their dream wedding dress, as shopping for a wedding dress can be an overwhelming and daunting task. In this directory, you will find a list of boutiques selling different styles of wedding dresses to suit all budgets, so check it out and start connecting with these boutiques. If you would like to visit Dubai Mall and search for a wedding dress there, then read: Wedding Dresses at Dubai Mall.
Normally, one of the top priorities for a bride-to-be is to find her wedding dress as soon as she can. Every bride dreams of her perfect wedding dress, and after browsing through different websites for ideas and inspiration, it is time to hit the shops. Click here for The Top 9 Bridal Shops in Dubai. Also read: Top Dubai Wedding Dress Designers.
One of the most important things to look out for when buying your wedding dress is how well it fits you; whether or not it compliments your figure, and does it do justice. Don’t think much about what’s in or not, or what you saw online or on a model, go out and try on every wedding gown in Dubai that catches your eye.
Finding the right wedding dress can be overwhelming with all the options available, but one easy way to limit your options is to choose the best wedding dress for your body type by finding a silhouette that will highlight your best features or conceals the features you are not comfortable with.
And here are a few helpful tips to help you find the perfect fit when you are shopping for a wedding dress in Dubai:
- Hourglass Body Shape: A bride with an hourglass figure has a bust and hip that has the same or almost the same measurement, with a waist that is smaller. If you are looking to show off your curves then choose a fit and flare silhouette, a ball gown or an A-line wedding dress is a good choice if you want to hide some areas.
- Full Figure Body Shape: A full-figured bride or a curvy bride can find it a bit more challenging to find the right wedding dress, but with the right tips to choose the right wedding dress, you don't have to worry! Anything A-line, especially if it has an empire waist, can be very flattering, especially if you want more coverage. A trumpet wedding gown is very similar to a mermaid dress but a trumpet dresses, however, flare at the beginning of the mid-thigh. You can create the illusion of height and length with an elegant sheath gown.
- Peared Shape Body Shape: This body-type means a wider hipline than shoulders like an inverted triangle. If you have a pear-shaped body go for a wedding dress with voluminous details on the bodice, or a fit-and-flare silhouette or wedding dresses with a natural waistline. But steer clear of mermaid gowns or tight fit-and-flares that may draw attention to areas that you want to hide.
- Petite Body Shape: Are you a bride with a small figure? Petite brides should always avoid overwhelming their small frame with big wedding dresses and details. Airy sheath wedding dresses are perfect for your figure, as well as structured trumpet styles, stay away from big, frothy ball gowns. Short wedding dresses are also flattering and can make you look very cute and beautiful.
- Short or Thick Waist: Your body is naturally proportioned, except for the small distance from your ribs to your hips. A princess-line silhouette-fitted at the bodice and opening up gradually to a full skirt- that elongates your figure. Also, a slightly dropped-waist gown will lengthen your torso. Avoid a sheath that will make your short waist more obvious.
- Very Slim Figure: You don’t have that much meat on your bones? A ball gown will make you look like a fairy-tale princess; a sheath wedding dress would be perfect for you as well. Stay away from off-the-shoulder, or halter necklines if your collarbone is too bony.
There are many mistakes brides tend to make while shopping for their wedding dress, be it in Dubai or elsewhere. These are the best tips to make the process of buying a dress more fun and much easier and more relaxing:
- Take an appointment: Book an appointment with more than one boutique in Dubai. Most bridal boutiques won't let you try on dresses unless you have an appointment in order to make sure to give you their ultimate attention.
Keep an open mind: If you’ve never tried on a wedding dress, then you probably don’t know which silhouette will best flatter your body. Try on every kind of wedding dress available from sleek dresses to huge ball gowns! You never know what will look best on you.
Don't bring an entourage: Too many women in one shop with different opinions will make you go crazy! Instead, take only 2 people whose opinions matter most to you, such as your mother and sister or your best friend.
Wear the proper undergarments: Wearing a well-fitted bra and underwear will help with the dress fit.
Take your time: Don’t rush from one bridal shop to the other, visit a few bridal boutiques in Dubai, and take your time browsing and trying on the dresses.
Be honest about your budget: Before you try on any wedding dress make sure you inform the shop about your budget so that they can give you dresses to try out within your budget.