A Sweet Pea Wedding
There are so many options to select from when it comes to your wedding flowers. Do you prefer large and bold blooms or small and delicate flowers, or do you prefer greenery instead? If you are having a spring or summer wedding and prefer more delicate flowers then you'll love the sweet pea. As the name suggests it is truly sweet, dainty and a romantic flower.
The sweet pea flower signifies “Lasting Pleasure”. It is known for its candy-like scent and is an all-time favorite at weddings. The Sweet Pea flowers come in a variety of colors, ranging from white to coral pink to purple and every shade in between.
Sweet Peas can be incorporated into your wedding in many different ways - a sweet pea wedding bouquet, used in floral centerpieces, or even used to adorn your wedding cake - they are the perfect addition to a springtime wedding.
Check out these sweet ideas for your sweet pea wedding.
A Sweet Pea Wedding Bouquet
Sweet pea wedding bouquets are a beautiful and delicate choice for brides who love romantic and fragrant flowers. Here's what you need to know about incorporating sweet peas into your wedding bouquet:
- Beauty and fragrance: Sweet peas are known for their vibrant colors and delicate ruffled petals, creating a visually stunning and sweetly scented bouquet.
- Variety: Sweet peas come in a wide range of colors, from soft pastels to vibrant shades, making it easy to find the perfect match for your wedding theme.
- Romantic symbolism: Sweet pea flowers symbolize pleasure, blissful departure, and thankfulness, making them a meaningful addition to your wedding bouquet.
- Seasonal availability: Sweet peas are typically available from spring to early summer, making them a great choice for a spring or early summer wedding.
- Long vase life: When properly cared for, sweet peas can last up to a week in a vase, ensuring they stay fresh throughout your wedding day.
- Delicate nature: Sweet pea stems are relatively fragile and can be prone to wilting. Careful handling and proper storage are essential to maintain their beauty.
- Scent can be overpowering: While the fragrance is often appreciated, some people might find it too strong. Consider individual preferences and allergies when choosing sweet peas for your bouquet.
- Seasonal limitations: Sweet peas are not available year-round, so if you have your heart set on them, you might need to adjust your wedding date or consider alternative flowers for other seasons.
- Cost: Sweet peas can be more expensive than other wedding flowers, depending on availability and location.