Wedding lights are one of the most important aspects of your wedding; lighting creates your wedding ambiance and could be used to enhance the decoration for your wedding venue and as a backdrop for pretty pictures.
What we love about getting creative with your wedding lights is that it's inexpensive and easy to do.
We will help you find the best lighting ideas for your big day right here:
What You Need to Know
If you feel confused with all the lighting terms, then here is what you need to know:
Gobo: A gobo is a metal or glass stencil that is put over a light to project design on a wall or dance floor. Gobo designs can include monograms, your wedding date, patterns, or any design you want.
Color wash: Lights that create a "wash" cover an entire area such as a wall or ceiling with a certain color.
Globe lights: Also known as bistro lights, cafe lights, or string lighting, these are strands of round or teardrop-shaped bulbs that can add a beautiful sparkle to the wedding.
Intelligent lighting: Lights that can be controlled through the use of special controllers or software, so your lighting designers can change the look and feel of the lighting during the wedding.
L.E.D.: Short for light-emitting diodes, L.E.D. lights are popular because they use much less electricity and generate very little heat compared to conventional lighting fixtures. They can produce thousands of different colors and can be set up to change colors throughout the event with the help of a lighting technician. L.E.D.s are also commonly used in votive candles (as a flameless alternative to real candles).
Pinspot: A miniature spotlight used to highlight focal points at the reception, such as centerpieces, the wedding cake, and the Kosha.
Uplighting: A series of free-standing light fixtures that are placed on or near the floor to illuminate upward toward a wall, ceiling, or architectural feature like a pillar.
Lights and Effects
Lighting is really one of the most important aspects of a wedding, it can make or ruin the whole atmosphere and vibe.
Here are a few tips you MUST know:
- LED Lights: They add a glow to the walls and columns.
- Play with Colors: Changing the colors of your LED lights can be very elegant.
- Dimmers: You don’t want a wedding that’s too bright or too dark, dimmers are great to create a cool ambiance.
- Vibrant Lights: They can add energy and make your guests want to dance more.
- Candles: Not only will they add a romantic touch to the venue, everyone will look extremely good and glowing.
- Spotlights: Make sure you have a spotlight so your wedding won’t seem too dark.
Here are some easy and creative ideas to add some lighting to your wedding:
- Wrapping string light around trees, pillars, or any other element in your wedding can light it up and add some magic to it!
- If you are covering your tables with sheer fabric, think of adding lights under them.
- A very cute and fun way to light up your wedding without spending a fortune is through paper lanterns!
- Add lighting to your wedding by using candles and decorating the landscape.
- Turn classic brown paper bags into something beautiful by adding sand and candles!
- Want to add a wow factor to your wedding? Fireworks are always a great option! Here is what you need to know about fireworks for your wedding: "Fireworks for Your Wedding! One Wow Factor to Use!"