There is a reason why the highest wedding season is summer! Summer weddings are romantic, fun, and simply breathtaking.
When planning a summer wedding, the wedding themes, and details are endless, this is why we find brides, grooms, and wedding planners getting creative and coming up with the most beautiful ideas.
If you are planning your summer wedding and looking for some unique ideas, such as fresh food ideas, summer wedding cakes and summer wedding bouquet, we have the most beautiful ideas for summer weddings right here for you.
Look at these summer wedding ideas we have for you all in one place.
Make your stationary serve a dual purpose by having your menu, thank you note, or any details printed on paper fans for the guests to cool off if your wedding is taking place on a very hot day.
Fresh and Bright Flowers
Summer is all about bright and fresh colors and flowers, so make sure you choose flowers that are in season but also that add some colors to your wedding,
Citrus Wedding Theme
Nothing is fresher in the warm weather than oranges, lemons, and limes. These zesty fruits are great to add to your spring or summer wedding.
You can add lemons and oranges to everything in your wedding; from your bridal bouquet to the centerpieces as well as the wedding cake.
Here are some simple ideas for a citrus wedding theme:
- Wedding Invitations: Pick a fresh color to go along with your theme; you can play with the shades from pastel to bright and neon! Adding an orange or yellow ribbon or bow to the card can add a cute touch.
- Centerpieces and Decorations: Pick flowers that have the same color hues as lemons, limes, and oranges! From lime green colored flowers to yellow flowers, mix and match between the colors. Also, add fresh oranges and lemons to the table. Whether cut or whole, lemons, and oranges are a great way to decorate the tables. Place them in glass or Plexi containers with flowers or candles and have a wonderful fresh centerpiece!
- Wedding Cake: What else? Lemon, lime, or orange-flavored cake, of course! And don't be afraid to use them as cake decorations too! If you don't like these particular flavors, keep up with the theme by using only the color scheme to decorate your cake.
- Wedding Bouquet: Pick flowers that match your wedding theme in color, or even add a few real lemons or oranges in your bouquet!
- Wedding Favors: Use the same color palettes as the rest of your wedding theme. You can give away lemon and orange fragrance or scented oils, bags of citrus candy nicely wrapped, orange, and lemon-scented candles.
- Beverages: Serve fresh lemonade or lemon mint drink to welcome your guests to the wedding reception. Serve yellow, green, and orange cocktails whether alcoholic or not. Serve them in cocktail glasses decorated with lime, lemon or orange wedges. Or create a citrusy fruit punch!
Summer Wedding Cakes
For a fabulous wedding cake with summer vibes, you can include beautiful and colorful flowers, fresh lemons and oranges, and use bright and fresh colors.
As for the flavor, you can choose any wedding cake flavor you want, but we always prefer a fresh fruity flavor for a summer wedding cake, such as orange, lemon, or berries.
You can always get some inspiration from real weddings taking place during the summer, check out these beautiful summer approved wedding cakes we spotted!
If you're having a wonderful outdoor summer wedding, make sure you treat your wedding guests to some refreshing delicious treats.
Your guests will thank you for the cool and refreshing desserts, so get creative with your refreshing desserts and get some inspiration from the ideas we have for you.
- Keep it classic with ice cream: Everyone loves a good ice cream station with different flavors and toppings.
- Freeze it up with shaved ice: If the heat is unbearable a delicious fruity iced treat is what your wedding guests will need.
- Make it fun with popsicles: Popsicles are super refreshing at hot weather weddings, serve different flavors to please everyone.
- Nostalgic ice cream sandwiches: Take your guests back to their childhood with sweet ice cream sandwiches.
- Modern ice cream filled macaroons: This seems to be the latest dessert trend, so why not treat your wedding guests to something new?
Keep your dear wedding guests hydrated with fresh and delicious beverages! From fresh juices, flavored water, to tasty cocktails, get creative with your summer wedding drinks.
Want something unique? Have a hydration station with flavored water and fresh juices or a coconut water station.
Watermelon Wedding Theme
Everyone loves watermelon! Especially in the summer, so you can either have a fresh treat for your wedding guests and serve some watermelon or even better yet have a fresh watermelon wedding theme!
From watermelon cake and skewers to watermelon juice, and even watermelon centerpieces.
We have been spotting many weddings with pampas grass decor whether it is used on the aisles, centerpieces, or all over the wedding. It is easy and bold at the same time, pampas can be used on their own or with different flowers and elements.
See these real weddings for some ideas:
Floor seating arrangements give weddings a more rustic or boho vibe, and they make them more fun and sociable.
Summer Wedding Favor Ideas
Choose your wedding favors according to your wedding season, for summer weddings think of favors that will help guests enjoy your wedding especially if it is outdoors, from bug bite spray, flip flops, to fans.
Click here to see more ideas for summer wedding favors!