When it comes to wedding flowers, every couple has a different approach. Some brides and grooms spend half of their budget on their wedding flowers and choose the most exotic and beautiful wedding flowers, while other couples decide not to spend as much on their wedding flowers and save some money. In this section, you will find all the tips to help you choose the perfect wedding flowers for your wedding and your wedding budget. You will also find so many wedding flower ideas to get some inspiration for your wedding.
In order to help a florist understand exactly what you’re looking for, and to create appropriate designs for your wedding, take along plenty of information to inspire them. Pictures of flowers and arrangements you like are ideal, and photos of the venue. They will all help build up a picture of your wedding style. You should also arrange for them to visit your wedding venue to see exactly how the arrangements will work. Wedding flower arrangements should be done by a professional to avoid any problems on the wedding day.
In this section, you will find all the inspiration you need for your wedding flowers, such as bride flower bouquet ideas, fall wedding bouquets, and many other ideas and trends all related to wedding flowers and bridal bouquets.
As for the wedding bouquets, every bride needs a bouquet on her wedding day. Your bouquet will accent your gown and give you an extra touch of elegance, and it should go with your wedding flowers and theme. In this section you will also find wedding bouquet ideas for you to get some ideas, we will keep you updated with the latest bridal bouquet trends and ideas and give you the best tips to help you choose the right bouquet for you all in one place.
Your choice of a wedding florist can determine the theme of your whole wedding. It doesn’t get more personal than your wedding-day flowers. So, start by collecting pictures of flowers and color schemes from bridal magazines and florists’ websites. Magazines, books, and websites are a great source of inspiration when it comes to seeing wonderful photographs of flowers and finding listings of local suppliers. You can, of course, find your florist listed in our comprehensive Arabia Weddings’ directory.
Once you’ve found a couple of florists arrange to meet with them. A good florist should be able to show you examples of their work and to suggest initial ideas that work within your budget. It’s also important that you get on well with all your wedding suppliers. Chances are you’re going to have many conversations with them, so it’s crucial that you can talk well through your ideas and feel happy about them being involved in your wedding day.
In order to help a florist understand exactly what you’re looking for, and to create appropriate designs for your wedding, take along plenty of information to inspire them. Photographs of flowers and arrangements you like are ideal, as well as fabric samples from the bridesmaid dresses, for example, and photos of the venue. They will all help build up a picture of your wedding style. You should also arrange for them to visit your wedding venue to see exactly how the arrangements will work.
Here are some common flower mistakes you shouldn’t make:
- Not Getting to Know Your Florist: To make sure that your florist knows exactly what you want on your big day, you have to interview them in advance and ask them the right questions. You should also ask around for references and recommendations. A good florist should be able to help you see the big picture of your wedding, give you ideas, and take your budget into consideration.
- Forgetting to Do Your Homework: Before visiting your florist, you should have an idea of what you want for your wedding flowers. It would really help if you bring pictures from magazines or the internet of arrangements you like and also have a theme or a color concept in mind, so your florist knows exactly what you want.
- Not Booking Your Florist in Advance: You should definitely check florists as soon as you book your wedding venue. Booking in advance will help you and your florist prepare for your big day.
- Not Compromising: Remember, your florist knows more than you do. They know which flowers are in season, what is grown locally, what goes and what doesn’t, and if the flowers you chose are right for the venue.
- Limiting Yourself: Not a flower fan? Don't worry! You can still make your wedding look elegant by using flower alternatives, such as foliage, twigs, candles, fruits, and vegetables. Be creative and don’t limit yourself to just one color or design.
- Neglecting Logistics: Make sure you provide your florist with the correct address and time to deliver the flowers to. Be careful regarding delivery times. You don’t want your flowers to wilt, if they were delivered too early, particularly on a warm day, or too late where the florists stress you out with last-minute preparations. Ask the florists to spray the flowers with water for a prolonged fresh look.
- Forgetting About Allergies: A bride should always be considerate of those around her, especially her groom. The one thing you should avoid on your wedding day is an allergy. Ask your groom if he is allergic to any kind of flowers and you might want to ask yourself the same question, you don't want to be sneezing and irritated on your wedding day. And you definitely don’t want a red nose on the biggest day of your life! "Fragrance-Free Wedding Flowers"
Here are 6 things you should never say to your wedding florist:
- “I want this (very expensive) flower but I have a very small budget”. Your florist can’t help you out when it comes to the pricings of flowers; they can give you cheaper alternatives if you keep an open mind.
- “My wedding is in 5 days” as we said before, the wedding florist is one of your most important wedding vendors so make sure you book him or her as early as possible.
- “I know we have only 2 days for the wedding but I want to change the entire color and theme”. Not only will your florist refuse your last-minute change of mind, but if he/she ever agrees and manages to do so, it will cost you double.
- “Can you do this (fancy and over the top) centerpiece for (a small budget)”. The answer will be no.
- “Is there anyone who will stay at the wedding and look after the flowers?” Once the flowers and centerpieces are all set up at your venue you will not need a person watching over them.
- “I have 100 pictures for centerpieces I love to give you inspiration”. Stick to 1 or 2 ideas maximum and then discuss them with your wedding florist.