Tips for grooming the groom, groom fashion, best groom outfits, men's hygiene tips and lots more.
When it comes to weddings brides usually get all the attention, but grooms are becoming more aware that they have to be part of the wedding, this is why grooms are becoming more fashion forward, more interested in weddings, and want to show a part of their personality in their weddings, we also have noticed that brides are becoming more excited about including the groom more in the wedding, whether its by having the groom wear a unique suit or tuxedo, creative accessories, or having little details in the wedding that relate to him.
As a groom-to-be, you must always look your best before, during, and after your wedding.
As there are many details that men could overlook, here are 7 golden rules to make sure that you always look your best:
- Proper fit is everything; nothing cheapens your look like ill-fitted clothing, especially a suit. (Click here to view our article on How to Know the Right Measurements for a Suit).
- There is no such thing as a short sleeve dress shirt! Never wear a short sleeve dress shirt with a tie.
- Suits should be 100% wool or linen, there is no exception for this rule.
- You don’t have to match the leather of your watch band with your belt and shoes.
- Never wear a tie and pocket square with the same pattern.
- Patent leather shoes are only for black tie events.
- When wearing a 3-button jacket remember this: Sometimes button the top, always button the middle, and never button the bottom.
The Groom’s Etiquette Guide and Duties - here is what every groom needs to know:
- Take your male friends and family members suit shopping, this will help you get some advice, and you will get a clear idea on how everyone will look like.
- Buy your bride a gift to present to her before the wedding, it doesn’t have to be expensive, but your bride will love the thought of it.
- Work on all your marriage papers and don’t depend on the bride to do this task.
- Be understanding, your bride has been dreaming of this day since she was a little girl, so if she wants to invite all her friends and co-workers to celebrate don’t ignore her request and discuss this together.
- Always show interest when your bride is talking about wedding plans, it is your wedding too and your bride wants you to be with her at every meeting with the planner.
- The bride and groom should take some time to go around and thank people for attending their wedding.
How to Know the Right Measurements of Your Formal Wear - according to fashion gurus, these tips are the perfect way to properly measure a gentlemnan's suit.
- Shirt: Measure your neck with tape measure to know your shirt size, a shirt should not be too loose or too tight around the neck. As for the length of sleeves, the cuffs should hit the bone at the top of your hand.
- Trousers: Trousers are not supposed to fit like jeans, the length should hit the top of your shoe heel, it should not break too much. If the trouser has cuffs, they should be no less than 1.5 inches or 3.800 cm.
- Jacket: The jacket should always be loose and comfortable, the sleeve should show ¼ to ½ of your shirt cuff under the jacket.
- Socks: Dress socks should always cover the calves, they also have to match or be darker than the suit.