Lebanese Weddings are among the best weddings in the world. Take a look at these 80 plus beautiful real weddings that were held in Lebanon for your inspiration - you'll find out that a Lebanese wedding is something else!
Looking For Suppliers? Find Them Now:
When it comes to luxurious and unique weddings in the Arab world, Lebanese Weddings tops the list. They are a spectacular extravaganza; a series of breathtaking scenes that leave nothing to your imagination. From the minute you step into a lavish Lebanese wedding you are mesmerized by the details that go into them - the floral decorations, the lighting and 3D projections, the dance floor, hanging floral ceilings, huge purpose-built structures, the spectacular zaffe, the couple's entrance, the entertainment, the sumptuous buffet and live cooking stations, the cocktails and bar catering services, the cinematography... and lots more.
Why are Lebanese weddings extravagant?
The Lebanese are talented and creative people who pay special attention to customer service - no wonder that Lebanese Weddings are dazzling celebrations that tantalize your senses. Innovation is at the heart of a Lebanese wedding, you will rarely see 2 weddings that look alike, many of them include unique structures and designs.
The Lebanese people are also quite competitive and like to stand out from the crowd. With the creativity that they have and their eagerness to innovate and come up with something different that could become the 'talk of the town', their weddings are both extravagant and unique.
Extravagant weddings in Lebanon are not only for the rich who can afford to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a wedding. Middle income families spend years saving for that special celebration, and even borrow funds to be able to put on an extravagant wedding that is worthy of their social status. Financial institutions in the country have even come up with financial products to finance the cost of weddings - that goes to show how much lavish weddings are a symbol of social status in Lebanon.
Lebanese wedding professionals tour the world to look for inspiration and learn the latest trends in e.g. floral design, sound and light production, 3D mapping, and cinematography.
Read: Top Wedding Planners in Lebanon
What distinguishes a Lebanese wedding?
It’s not a Lebanese wedding if there’s no dancing. In fact, most of them have additional entertainment elements that keep the wedding guests on their feet all night long. From the traditional zaffe and Lebanese dabke, to live performances by famous Lebanese stars, drummers, bands, shows... guests are kept entertained at all times. Click here for the best Lebanese wedding songs!
Lebanese weddings are Lebanese affairs. From the wedding planner to the photographer, DJ, the chef, the bartender, waiters, entertainers, performers, caterer... or from the fashion designer to the makeup artist, hairstylist... the whole professional wedding crew is normally Lebanese. In fact, the Lebanese largely dominate the creative industry in the Arab world including the wedding industry. Below are some traditional Lebanese cultural elements that distinguish Lebanese weddings from the others and whose influence has spread to other Arab weddings in the region.
What are Lebanese wedding traditions?
Remember to include some Lebanese wedding traditions on your big day whether you are getting married in Lebanon or elsewhere around the world. Here are just a few ideas you can have at your wedding:
- The Lebanese Zaffe: Zaffa, or zaffe, is an important element of traditional Arab weddings in the Middle East, particularly in Lebanon. A Lebanese wedding is incomplete if it does not include a zaffe. The zaffe is a musical procession of drums, bagpipes, horns and dancers and is normally the happiest part of every wedding - it is the part where everyone gets excited to start celebrating your big day. It makes every Lebanese wedding more fun and exciting. In Lebanon, a traditional small zaffa group could become a huge show performance of dozens of male and female dancers performing on a large stage in bright costumes and styles using different props, musicians and sometime, celebrity singers. Here's a list of top Lebanese zaffe groups.
- Cake Cutting with a sword: One wedding tradition in Lebanon is for the bride and groom to join hand in hand to cut the wedding cake with a long sword.
- Dabke Show: Many weddings have a few dancers come on stage and perform the traditional Lebanese dabke to entertain their wedding guests who are welcome to join in and dance.
- Fireworks: The Lebanese love fireworks which has become a popular part of outdoor wedding celebrations in Lebanon.
- Lebanese cuisine: A big part of any Lebanese wedding is the delicious buffet spread that starts with the world-famous Lebanese mezza dishes.
In this Lebanese Weddings section, we aggregated some of the best real Lebanese weddings that were held across Lebanon and around the world. We have identified the venues that these weddings took place at and the main vendors, to give you some additional inspiration which will help you decide on your wedding suppliers and service providers as well.
We have included extravagant Lebanese weddings, as well as, elegant affordable weddings, beach weddings and mountain weddings, indoor weddings and outdoor weddings... to give you variety and a glimpse of the wedding scene in this thriving sector in Lebanon.
Read: The Best Wedding Venues in Lebanon
See: Top Wedding Photographers in Lebanon
For a full list of wedding venues, suppliers, and service providers in Lebanon, visit Your Guide to Planning a Wedding in Lebanon.