Once you get into a relationship you will face many different things, you will experience joy, sadness, heartbreak, and love, and all the emotions a relationship has to offer. But the most important thing is that you work on your relationship to make sure it is a healthy and happy one because healthy and happy relationships keep people happy and help them deal with day-to-day issues and stress. Studies show that people with healthy relationships are more positive and productive than others with bad relationships. This means if you are in a healthy and happy relationship you will be happy and healthy as well as successful!
The first thing you should know is that relationships are not easy and having a happy and healthy one needs work and honesty, because people are different and no one is perfect, and we all make mistakes. Your partner might have qualities you like and others you don't. They might even disappoint you at one point, but you have to accept your partner as he/she is. So you need to love your partner in their ups and downs, you need to be there for your partner when they need you. Marriage gives you exactly what you give it. It requires nurturing and dedication. Men and women both need each other’s support. Make your partner feel they can rely on you whenever they need to.
Relationships don't only mean your love life, sometimes you need advice on how to deal with your mother, or your mother in law, or members of your family, and sometimes one side of the family can be the cause of some issues, but this doesn't mean that all respect and understanding is gone. Dealing with the issue you face with other family members the right way will help you and them overcome any other issues you face in the future.
The engagement period is exactly in the middle of being committed but not yet officially set, which is why couples should be very smart in this transitional period, and address their marriage expectations to each other.
Here are some questions you need to ask and discuss with your partner before you are officially married:
- How do you think we should raise our kids?
- What roles do you want me to take on after we’re married?
- How do you want me to support you when you’re going through a hard time?
- How will we spend holidays?
- Are you willing to relocate for a job?
- How much money do we earn together? Now? In one year? In 5 years?
- How ambitious are you? Are we comfortable with the other's level of ambition?
There are some mistakes that you can both be making that can ruin your entire relationship.
There are many things that can make a couple reach their end and decide to divorce and separation.
So to avoid reaching this situation we researched the most common mistakes divorced couples made that made and regret:
- Being Secretive: Never hide things from your partner even if it is for a good reason. Be honest in every detail of your life and expect them to do the same.
- Putting Your Career Before Your Marriage: This shows your lack of commitment to your husband or wife, and he/she will feel neglected which can result in some major issues.
- Criticizing and Fighting Over Every Small Detail: Living together can get you to start fighting about the toothpaste cap being put back on, but once you realize you are fighting about something this silly try and make it stop, or look for the real reason you are so mad at you wife/husband.
- Putting Your Children Before Your Marriage: No matter how much you love your babies, don’t neglect your husband/wife, it is easy to get distracted by your children but you should always make the extra effort and show your partner how much you love him/her.
Marriage is never an easy decision, and if done for the wrong reasons, the marriage will not last and will eventually fail.
There are some women who accept a marriage proposal for all the wrong reasons, but why does this happen?
There are a few reasons why many fall in this mistake, so to help you make sure you choose to get married for the right reasons, here is what you should avoid:
- External Factors: Family pressure is one of the biggest reasons some girls get married, especially in the Middle East, if the family thinks he is the right person for you, it doesn't always mean he is. After all, you are the one who will be getting married and spending the rest of your life with this person and not your family.
- The Fear of Spinsterhood: At a certain age, some women start to fear the "ghost" of spinsterhood, so they become obsessed with the idea of marriage. The fear of loneliness and the society's view of them will make them accept the first marriage proposal they get. It is great to start a family with someone, but never do it because you are afraid to be running out of time.
- Marriage Makes Dreams Come True: One of the most common mistakes women make is that many of them think getting married means making their dreams come true! Remember that marriage is not a genie in a bottle that will grand your wishes.
- Getting Over Previous Relationships: This must be the worst reason to get married, as many women decide to accept the first marriage proposal after they have just come out of a relationship, believing it will help them get over their past relationship.