We all hate chapped lips! But did you know that some lip balms available on the market can harm your lips rather than heal them and moisturize them? This is why many ladies out there are choosing to create their own DIY lip balms to avoid having all the chemicals and artificial colors on their lips.
Making your very own DIY lip balm is not only easy, it also gives you the chance to personalize the flavors and scents you love.
Homemade lip balms also make great gifts for your friends and family, as well as, nourish and heal your lips.
Here are some easy DIY lip balm ideas for you to try out at home:
Chocolate Lip Balm
Cocoa butter and Vitamin E are natural chapped-lip healers. Follow these easy steps to make your own chocolate and vanilla lip balm:
- 1 tablespoon grated cocoa butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons grated beeswax
- 1/8 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla-flavored oil
(Feel free to add any flavor you like, such as mint or raspberry)
- Mix all ingredients in a double boiler.
- Stir until ingredients melt completely.
- Pour into a small and clean container, and cool for a while and apply whenever you feel your lips getting dry.
Beeswax And Coconut Lip Balm
Not only does this lip balm smell delicious it is also amazingly hydrating. Try it today!
- 1 tablespoon grated beeswax
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- A little dash of honey
- 2 capsules of vitamin E
- Melt the beeswax, and when it’s about halfway done, add coconut oil and honey.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Add two capsules of vitamin E oil.
- Once it’s cool, transfer the product into a tin or an old lip balm container.
- Apply whenever your lips feel dry or dehydrated.
Raspberry Lemon Lip Balm
This is one delicious smelling lip balm that will nourish your lips and give them a little pink tint.
- 2 teaspoons raspberry gelatin mix
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-4 drops of lemon essential oil
- A spoon and a microwave-safe bowl
- Start by heating up your solid coconut oil in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Add the raspberry gelatin mix and blend the two ingredients together.
- Place this in the microwave once again, and once the gelatin melts, the oil should have a deep raspberry color to it.
- Add the lemon essential oil and mix it properly.
- Carefully pour the mixture into your lip balm container and place it in the refrigerator until it hardens.